Need to know what the five best Wes Anderson movies are? Anderson's movies are well known for their quirky characters and nuanced storylines. His movies take you into the lives of people who will make you laugh, cry and perhaps be sick on occasion. Here are the five best Wes Anderson movies.
- "The Royal Tenenbaums." Perhaps the best-known of all the Wes Anderson movies, "The Royal Tenenbaums" is the story of three siblings who move home with their mother when each finds that he or she just can't cope with the world. When their estranged father comes into the picture later, claiming to be dying. All three siblings wrestle with how he affected them and why they can't move forward in their lives.
- "Rushmore." This film centers on the precocious activities of a 15-year-old high school student who is slightly more successful than is good for him. His varied interests lead to a scattered life in which he excels at little. He enters a romantic rivalry with Bill Murray, not fully understanding why he has no chance of winning over an adult woman. As one of Wes Anderson's earliest movies, it set the tone for the movies to come.
- "The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou." Parodying Jacques Cousteau, the film depicts a world-famous aquatic explorer who is on a mission to avenge the death of one of his crewmen. The killer, a giant shark, becomes Zissou's white whale, as the explorer pursues him across the seas. Like Rushmore, a love triangle unfolds in the process.
- "The Darjeeling Limited." Three estranged brothers meet up on an Indian train in order to reconnect with each other. Each has been through trauma in the year since their father's death, and each has obsessive tendencies that make it difficult to reach out to the others. Like many other Wes Anderson movies, each of the siblings has to reconcile with the family's past.
- "Bottle Rocket." When three friends with no talents or aims decide to pull it together, they do so in the form of a deliberate plan of criminal behavior. The plans continue to fall apart due to misunderstandings, failing machinery and other mishaps. This was the first of the Wes Anderson movies and remains a cult classic.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.