The 5 best whiskey cocktails have been chosen so you can explore as much variety as possible. These mouth-watering and head-spinning combinations will tantalize and tease your taste buds. May these concoctions inspire you to create your own delights.
Bourbon Street is a creamy and decadent cocktail and a must for whiskey lovers who also have a passionate affair with chocolate. You can never make too much, so keep the calculator ready to multiply this recipe which lands a place in the best whiskey cocktails.
- 4 cups whiskey
- 1 quarts coffee
- 1 pint light cream
- 4 oz. Amaretto
- 1 qt. vanilla ice cream
- Dark chocolate
- Allow the ice cream to soften. Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl (except the dark chocolate) and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Make a small bowl of dark chocolate (bitter chocolate) shavings.
- Serve in a large punch bowl and sprinkle the dark chocolate shavings over the mixture.
The Loch Lomond is a fruity and deliciously tangy cocktail which will have you seeing the Lochness monster in no time. This great treat on hot and humid summer evenings earns it a place on the best whiskey cocktails list.
- 1 oz. whiskey
- 1/2 oz. peach schnapps
- 1 oz Blue Curacao
- 3 oz. grapefruit juice
- 1/2 oz. lemon juice
- Crushed ice
- Shake all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice to chill.
- Strain into a hurricane glass filled with crushed ice.
- Garnish with a slice of starfruit or peach.
Whiskey Sour is almost as traditional as whiskey itself and therefore is a definite contender on this best whiskey cocktails list. The secret to a great Whiskey Sour balance includes the sourness of the lemon, the sweetness of the sugar and the spirits of the whiskey need to be married delicately.
- 1-1/2 oz. whiskey
- 1-1/2 oz. fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 oz. sugar syrup
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- Shake all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour into glass and add a squirt of soda water.
- Serve in a chilled glass and garnish with a wedge of fresh lemon and a maraschino cherry on a skewer.
Irish Eyes is in the best whiskey cocktails list because this minty cocktail with its light green color is perfect for Saint Patrick’s Day celebrations. If you have one or two before you approach a lass, you might be gifted with the gab and able to pronounce "Tá tú go h-álainn," telling her she is beautiful. If your pronunciation bombs out, she will be equally charmed by the offering of this whiskey cocktail.
- 1 oz. whiskey (as per the occasion, preferably Irish whiskey)
- 2 oz. green crème de menthe
- 2 oz. heavy cream
- Pour all the ingredients into a cocktail shaker with ice and shake well.
- Garnish with a maraschino cherry on a skewer topped with a small shamrock.
Sazerac makes it into the best whiskey cocktails list as a full-flavored and fire-breathing whiskey cocktail. The warm glow of the whiskey is contrasted by the ice and the sweet and bitter blend entices you to have just one more.
- 1 tsp. Ricard
- 1 tsp. superfine sugar
- 2 dashes bitters
- 1 tsp. water
- 2 oz. whiskey
- Coat the inside of an old fashioned glass with the Ricard. Drain any excess.
- Place the sugar, bitters and water in the bottom of the glass and muddle well with the back end of a teaspoon. Add the ice.
- Pour the whiskey over the ice.
- Crack the ice and garnish with a lemon twist.
Whiskey has a long and proud tradition. Many whiskey drinkers would argue that the only way to drink whiskey is on the rocks. The best whiskey cocktails will certainly topple this sentiment with the flair, great taste and merriment that is all part of enjoying whiskey in your own way. There is no right or wrong. There is only whiskey.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
13 Pro Wrestling Tales Too Crazy to be True—But They Are!
Because the gnarliest stuff happens when the cameras are off.