5 Best Will Ferrell Movies
Will Ferrell is a legendary comedic actor, so you should make sure to check out the 5 best Will Ferrell movies. The actor has successfully managed to churn out hilarious, memorable movies even long after his run on "Saturday Night Live" finished. So if you're hanging out having beers with the guys, rent one of the movies below for a good laugh.
- "Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy"- This film is kind of a big deal as far as Will Ferrell movies go. Ferrell plays Ron Burgundy, the most famous news anchors of 1970s San Diego. His womanizing, idiotic ways are hilarious to watch and make it one of the best Will Ferrell movies by far. Christina Applegate costars as the hot coworker and a worthy opponent. The movie has given men across the nation an endless number of quotes, including the most famous, “60% of the time, it works every time” line.
- "Old School"- This homage to college life and drinking-induced, bad decision making stars Will Ferrell alongside Vince Vaughn and Luke Wilson. The trio of men decide to literally relive their college days by forming a fraternity that soon expands to include men and misfits of all ages. The most memorable Will Ferrell scene by far is his streaking campaign. Another great scene that makes this one of Will Ferrell’s best movies includes a hazing sequence involving rope, bricks, and the ledge of a two-story building.
- "Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby"- This film stars Will Ferrell as the not-too-bright race car driver Ricky Bobby. John C. Reilly costars as his best friend, while Sacha Baron Cohen plays his racecar driving nemesis. Ferrell’s hick character provides plenty of comic material, making this one of Will Ferrell’s best movies. Great moments of the film include the family scenes with Ricky and his two sons, Walker and Texas Ranger and the America versus France scenes between Ferrell and Cohen.
- "Stranger than Fiction"- This movie has its laughs, but it is one of the few Will Ferrell movies that is not a slapstick comedy. The film, in fact, carries a lot of drama, and Ferrell is able to play a straight-faced character throughout. He stars as Harold Krick, who one day wakes up to hear the voice of a writer narrating his life and foretelling his coming death. As his death approaches, he decides to turn his boring life around and meets a love interest played by Maggie Gyllenhaal. This movie was a refreshing change for Ferrell, and it was worth the risk he took in playing a different type of character.
- "Zoolander"- One of Will Ferrell’s more bizarre roles, the actor plays the evil fashion designer Mugatu and stars alongside Ben Stiller and Owen Wilson, who play two extremely vapid male models. Ferrell steals every scene that he’s featured in, making it one of the best Will Ferrell movies. Great scenes include his Derelict campaign and his brainwashing video set to the song, “Relax.”