5 Best Wine Bars in Washington, D.C.
These are five of the best wine bars in Washington, D.C. Wine bars have become very popular in Washington, D.C. With the hundreds of kinds of wine now available, you can no longer just ask for any white, red, or rosé wine with your meal. These bars will combine small-plate trends with the best wine accompanying them. You can even get to sample exotic wines without braking the bank. For your dining pleasure, these are 5 of the best wine bars in Washington, D.C.
- Cork Restaurant & Wine Bar. Cork is located in Logan Circle. It offers 160 bottles of wine from small producers around the world, and 50 wines by the glass. Cork is casually elegant and affordable. It also offers special wine tasting events. While you're there, try the Duck Confit with roasted baby beets, savoy cabbage slaw, and beet vinagrette with your favorite glass of wine. Cork Restaurant & Wine Bar: 1720 14th Street, Northwest Washington, D.C. 20009 (202) 265-CORK
- Veritas Wine Bar. Veritas is located near Dupont Circle. It offers around 70 wines by the glass and several domestic and international cheeses. They also serve delightful desserts, such as chocolate truffles and cupcakes. Veritas Wine Bar: 2031 Florida Avenue Northwest Washington, DC 20009-1200 (202) 265-6270
- Proof. It's a restaurant and wine bar located in Penn Quarter. It has over 100 wines to choose from their wine list. Try the Hen of the Woods Mushroom Quiche with French beans and radish, along with your favorite glass of wine. Proof: 775 G Street Northwest, Washington, DC 20001-3727 (202) 737-7663
- Sonoma Restaurant and Wine Bar. Sonoma is located on Capitol Hill. It offers wine by the glass and by the bottle. It also has 6 course tasting events, and Eco-friendly dinners. Come here to host your private events! Sonoma Restaurant and Wine Bar: 223 Pennsylvania Avenue Southeast, Washington, DC 20003-1107 (202) 544-8088
- Evo Bistro. Evo is a restaurant and wine bar serving its customers its 32 wines directly, not through a bartender. Evo also has a retail wine shop filled with international wines. It also supports family-owned vineyards and more expensive wines. You can also try the wines before you buy them. They offer a 4 course paired wine dinner, and other wine tasting events. Evo Bistro: 1313 Old Chain Bridge Road, McLean, VA 22101 (703) 288-4422