5 Best Women Rock Climbers
The 5 best women rock climbers have achieved this status from hard work and dedication. These women are well-known to rock climbers, especially to women rock climbers.
- Katie Brown Katie Brown is one of the best women rock climbers and has been climbing since the age of twelve. She has climbed at Yosemite and many other challenging hills. She won the World Cup for climbing and the ARCO Invitational.
- Lynn Hill Hill has been rock climbing for over three decades and has earned the title of being one of the best women rock climbers in the world. She is now an author, webmeister, ambassador for Patagonia (an outdoor clothing line) and rock climbing teacher.
- Robyn Erbesfield Erbesfield is well-known to rock climbers as she was the first women to climb 5.14, which is considered a very difficult climb. She has won the World Cup championship four times in the 1990s and works with the ABC for Kids athletic program in Colorado.
- Tori Allen Allen grew up with a love for climbing while living with her missionary parents in Africa. She entered her first competition at the age of ten and became the youngest person to climb an extremely hard hill of 5.13 in 2000.
- Beth Rodden Rodden is one of the best women rock climbers and has become a very recognized name in this activity. She began climbing in 1994 and has climbed more free routes on El Cap than any other woman ever has, including the climbs The Nose and Lurking Fear.
Posted on: Dec. 19, 2010