Have you taken up boating and want to know the 5 best yacht clubs in Florida? The state offers some of the best clubs due to its vast amount of water and the serious sailors practicing boating sports there. The clubs help bring like-minded people together for socials, racing, and just swapping stories.
- Lauderdale Yacht Club. The club is one of the best yacht clubs in Florida due to its stability, since it launched in 1938. Its location is exceptional in Fort Lauderdale between a residential region. There is a clubhouse for members where many socials, dinners and meetings are held. Members enjoy bonding with like-minded people. Lauderdale Yacht Club: 1725 S.E. 12th St., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316, 954-524-5500.
- Fort Walton Yacht Club. The Fort Walton is one of the best yacht clubs in Florida because of the numerous amenities. The club is on the western end of the Choctawhatchee Bay in the Florida panhandle. The club is not the largest in the state, but because it is smaller and there are more personable meetings, socials, and club events. Fort Walton Yacht Club: 180 Ferry Rd. N.E., Fort Walton Beach, FL 32548, 850-243-7102.
- Palm Beach Sailing Club. Palm Beach Club is one of the best yacht clubs in Florida because of its southeastern location. The club promotes yachting, sailing, also teaches those interested in the sport. They have socials, meetings, and other events in an effort to promote sailing. Palm Beach Sailing Club: 4600 North Flagler Dr., West Palm Beach, FL 33407, 561-881-0809.
- The Florida Yacht Club. The club formed in 1876 and because of its longevity in the Jacksonville region, it one of the best yacht clubs in the state. The club holds meetings, racing events, leisure cruises for members, social events, and elegant dining events. The club's cause is promoting sailing and offering support to members. The Florida Yacht Club: 5210 Yacht Club Rd., Jacksonville, FL 32210, 904-387-1653.
- Boca Ciega Yacht Club. The club is in the Gulfport region of the state. It offers members, their families, and guests a way to meet and social via dinners, socials, boat racing, cruising, and learning to sail. The large activities for members make it one of the best yacht clubs in Florida. Boca Ciega Yacht Club: 4600 Tifton Dr. South, Gulfport, FL 33703, 727-321-7295.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.