Love boating and want to know the 5 best yacht clubs in Southern California? Anyone that appreciates boating and sailing has many opportunities in California. Most people join a yacht club for the support and comfort they feel among like-minded people.
- Santa Monica Windjammers Yacht Club. The Santa Monica location is one of the best yacht clubs in Southern California since it has been around since 1941 and is located in Marina del Rey harbor. The clubhouse for members has an indoor bar, patio, dining room, and a gallery with panoramic sunset views. The club has numerous activities such as racing, cruising, dinner parties and Sunday barbecues. Santa Monica Windjammers Yacht Club: 13589 Mindanao Way, Marina del Rey, CA 90292, 310-827-7692.
- Long Beach Yacht Club: This club is extremely active and the location makes it one of the best yacht clubs in Southern California. Club membership activities include racing, cruising, anglers, diving, swimming, socials, club meetings, and instruction for learning to sail. Long Beach Yacht Club: 6201 E. Appian Way, Long Beach, CA 90803, 562-598-9401.
- Santa Barbara Yacht Club. The yacht club offers members a host of activities in the Santa Barbara region. Club members enjoy frequent lunches, social dinners, racing, cruising, meeting and special events, which makes this one of the best yacht clubs in Southern California. Santa Barbara Yacht Club: 130 Harbor Way, Santa Barbara, CA 93109, 805-965-8112.
- Southwestern Yacht Club. The club is one of the best in Southern California and offers a clubhouse set up for breakfast, lunch, dinner and a bar. Members enjoy cruising, racing, anglers, various socials and meetings. Southwestern Yacht Club: 2702 Qualtrough St., San Diego, CA 92106, 619-222-0438.
- San Diego Yacht Club. The club, located in San Diego, is one of the best yacht clubs in Southern California because of its longevity and area. Club members have several meetings, social dinners, racing, cruising and Jr. sailing opportunities. The club building itself is large, which includes a 576- slip marina, close to 300 personal lockers, 350 sabot racks, large swimming pool, Jacuzzi and Saunas. San Diego Yacht Club: 1011 Anchorage Lane, San Diego, California 92106, 619-221-8400.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
15 Types of Tattoos Worth the Newfound Health Risks
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.