These 5 Betty Crocker slow cooker recipes blend the legendary cookbook company with the modern technology of a slow cooker. Cookers are an easy way to pre-pare a quality, healthy dinner with a minimum of preparation. Simply dump in ingredients and the cooker does the rest. Slow cooking simmers meats, beans and vegetables so that the food crumbles on your fork. You'll need several basic items to accomplish the cooking task, including;
- slow cooker
- fresh meats
- fresh and frozen vegetables
- frozen pasta
- Chicken Pot Roast Dinner. Cut up six to eight small potatoes, peel or not your choice, and place the pieces into the cooker. Dump a bag, two cups, of baby carrots and one-cup frozen small whole onions into the cooker. Place six boneless chicken thighs, without the skin, on top of the veggies. Pour a twelve ounce jar of chicken gravy over the chicken and cook on low for eight to ten hours. Add one to two cups of thawed, frozen sweet peas and cook 15 minutes more on high and you have a Betty Crocker pot roast dinner.
- Three-Bean Casserole. This ten-minute Betty Crocker slow cooker prep begins by cooking one pound of pork sausage, one cup of celery, a half-cup of chopped onion and chopped garlic in a frying pan. Drain the mix and pop it into the cooker. Add a fifteen ounce cans of tomato sauce, lima, kidney, and two cans of baked beans to the cooker. Add a tablespoon of ground mustard, two of honey and one of white cider. If you like spicier food, throw in a 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper sauce. Cook on low for an hour.
- Cheesy Ravioli Casserole. Simmer 1/2 cup chopped onions in a pan. Add a fifteen ounce can of tomato sauce, your favorite Italian seasonings and a 26-ounce can of cheese flavored spaghetti sauce to this mix. Put a cup of this sauce into the slow cooker and dump a bag of frozen ravioli into the cooker. Cover with four ounces of shredded cheese. Layer another bag of ravioli and add more cheese. Cover all of this with the rest of the simmered sauce and slow cook on low for five to seven hours.
- Polynesian Pork Ribs. This yummy Betty Crocker slow cooker recipe takes only fifteen minutes to prepare and serves six people. Buy approximately two pounds of boneless pork loin ribs, clove of garlic, small onion and an eight ounce can of crushed pineapple with juice. Spray your cooker with olive oil and put your ribs, finely chopped garlic, sliced onion and entire can of the crushed pineapple on the top of the ribs. Cook on low for eight hours and check the mix. Mix up 3/4 cup of ketchup, three tablespoons of brown sugar and the same amount of hoisin sauce. Combine a teaspoon of grated ginger root to this mix. Remove the cooking juice from the ribs and cover the ribs with the new mix. Cook for 25 to 40 more minutes until the ribs are tender.
- Three-Bean Chili. This Betty Crocker slow cooker recipes mix small cans, about fifteen ounces, of black, garbanzo and kidney beans. Rinse all and drain any liquids for the beans. Add approximately eight ounces of dried lentils and a prepackaged envelop of chili seasoning. Mix in approximately 2.5 or three cups of water For vegetarians, that's it. For meat eaters, cook some chicken and dice up the meat and add to the cooker. Cover the chili and simmer on low for six hours. Mix in small cans of diced tomatoes and tomato sauce and cook for two more hours.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
25 Enlightening Quotes About Being a Gentleman
What’s your definition of a perfect gent? LL Cool J, Lea Michele, Andy Samberg and friends weigh in.
21 Hairstyles Women Love
Female experts reveal the ’dos that drive them wild.