5 'Biggest Losers': Where Are They Now?
Ever wonder about these 5 “The Biggest Loser” and where they are now? Some contestants left "The Biggest Loser" ranch and fell into their new lifestyle with ease, while other struggled since coming home.
- Ryan Benson: The first winner of “The Biggest Loser” lost an impressive 122 pounds while at the ranch. Unfortunately, once he got home his weight was difficult to maintain. Since leaving the Biggest Loser Ranch, Ryan has gained back most of his weight. On a more positive note, he and his wife have had three children and Ryan has also appeared in a film titled “Disfigured.”
- Matt and Suzy Hoover: America watched these two contestants fall in love in Season Two. It seemed only natural to pair them together. After Matt proposed to Suzy on the Today show, they went on to marry and have two children. Both have gained some weight back since leaving The Biggest Loser, but they are both still active. Matt recently participated in the Ford Ironman World Championship in Kona, Hawaii.
- Eric Chopin: In Season Three, Erik Chopin went from 407 pounds to a jaw-dropping 193. After leaving “The Biggest Loser” ranch, Eric went back to his old ways and put his weight back on. Bob, one of the two trainers for The Biggest Loser, got wind of Eric’s weight gain and challenged him to weigh in at the end of Season nine. With the finale only a few weeks away, will Eric met the challenge?
- Bill Germanakos: Bill hasn’t let up since leaving “The Biggest Loser”. Once get home, he became the Wellness Ambassador and Director of Employee Wellness Initiative with his company. In between sharing his inspiring story with others, he instructs a Spinning class.
- Ali Vincent: Since being the first female winner of “The Biggest Loser”, the Season Five winner has been going strong. She is a spokesperson for 24 Hour Fitness and had written a book titled “Believe It, Be it: How the Biggest Loser Won Me Back My Life.”
Posted on: Apr. 10, 2010