5 Body Massage Therapy Tips
The the 5 body massage therapy tips here to make your experience the best it can be. Body massage therapy assists in relieving sore muscles and inducing relaxation. The right atmosphere and communication assist in enhancing these session.
- Communicate. The first body massage therapy tip is to communicate. The information exchange between the patient and the therapist is key to achieving the best possible results. Discuss any allergies to oils, lotions, perfumes or other products. Talk openly about any medical conditions which may exist and interfere with the massage therapy session. Discuss areas of the body which are particularly bothersome at the time of the appointment. Take this time to discuss stress levels in home and work atmospheres.
- Atmosphere. The atmosphere of the massage makes a difference in the effectiveness. Use this body massage therapy tip to assist in heightening your overall experience. The color of the walls, the size of the room and the work table are all involved. This area should be comfortable and pleasing for all involved in the session. Some therapists burn incense or play music. These parts of the atmosphere can either be relaxing for a patient or irritating. Both the patient and the therapist should seek out places to work and relax in an atmosphere that fits their situation and personality. For a patient, before giving up on a therapist for the smell of the room, ask if they will change the incense or air freshener, or do away with the aroma part all together. For a therapist, ask the patient what they prefer before beginning. Therapists should maintain a variety of musical selections to please different patients.
- Levels of exposure. Being completely unclothed is not comfortable for some people. A body massage therapy tip that will help you relax is to only take off clothing you are comfortable with. Therapists need to be sensitive to a patient's level of comfort in this area.
- Relationship development. A massage therapy tip for the patient is to develop a relationship with your therapist. A therapist needs to know the patient history to do their best work. This relationship allows for better communication previously discussed in this article.
- Plan to return. The final massage therapy tip is to plan multiple massages. One massage will typically not help with long term stress or muscle issues. Plan regular sessions for best results.
Posted on: Aug. 24, 2010