These 5 boxing tips for speed will allow you to improve your movement in the ring. They will also allow you to increase the punching speed of all of your punches, which will certainly help you in the ring as well. Take these following 5 boxing tips for speed into consideration to improve.
- Practice speed when you're tired. Just when you have nothing left in your workout, that represents an opportunity to work on speed. An important boxing tip, this will enable you to maintain speed by keeping up the intensity and quickness of your punches when you're running low on stamina.
- Go back to the basics. This boxing tip will have you re-examine your mechanics of your punches. Pick them apart so that you can increase the flow and movement of your punches, working from the ground up to improve the speed of the punches.
- Work on the speed and double-ended bag. It may sound self-evident, but the speed bag is really a great way to improve hand speed in the ring. The double-ended bag is another effective piece of equipment for speed.
- Take time concentrating on footwork. Don't abandon your footwork, which is a considerable part of your speed in the ring, regardless of offensive or defensive aspects of speed. Another of the important boxing tips.
- Work on speed for defense. Being quick defensively will allow you to become a much better boxer and improve counterattacking chances. Work on bobbing and weaving, slipping, and moving your head. Use this boxing tip because If you are quick defensively you will greatly improve your speed in the ring for defense and offense.