Surprise your family and guests with these 5 brandy mixed drinks that are easy to make. Brandy is versatile and mixes well with a variety of flavors. Start with a quality brand of Brandy and a cocktail shaker to make any of these Brandy cocktails.
To make a Brandy Alexander you will need:
- 1 ½ ounces Brandy
- 1 ounce dark Creme de Cacao
- 1 ounce half and half
- ¼ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Fill a cocktail shaker half way with ice and add brandy, crème de cacao, and half and half.
- Shake well and strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with grated nutmeg.
To make a Brandy Julep, you will need:
- 2 teaspoons of granulated sugar
- 1 ounce water
- 6 sprigs fresh mint
- 3 ounces Brandy
- ½ tablespoon dark Rum
- Chill a tall glass in the freezer.
- Combine sugar and water in the glass and stir until the sugar dissolves. Add three sprigs of mint and crush the mint against the sides of the glass.
- Fill the glass with crushed ice and pour in the Brandy. Float the Rum on the top of the Brandy and crushed ice, Garnish with remaining mint sprigs.
To make a Brandy Gump, you will need:
- 1 ½ ounces Brandy
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon grenadine syrup
- Fill a cocktail shaker half full with ice. Add lemon juice, grenadine, and brandy to the cocktail shaker and shake well. Strain into a cocktail glass.
To make a Brandy fix, you will need:
- 2 ½ ounces Brandy
- ½ Lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 slice of lemon
- Combine lemon juice, powdered sugar, and water in a cocktail glass and stir well.
- Fill the glass with shaved ice, add the brandy, and stir. Garnish with a lemon slice.
To make a Brandy Buck, you will need:
- 2 ½ ounce Brandy
- 3 ½ ounce ginger ale
- juice of ¼ lemon
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail glass filled with ice and stir. Garnish with a lemon wedge.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …