Surprise your family and guests with these 5 brandy mixed drinks that are easy to make. Brandy is versatile and mixes well with a variety of flavors. Start with a quality brand of Brandy and a cocktail shaker to make any of these Brandy cocktails.
To make a Brandy Alexander you will need:
- 1 ½ ounces Brandy
- 1 ounce dark Creme de Cacao
- 1 ounce half and half
- ¼ teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Fill a cocktail shaker half way with ice and add brandy, crème de cacao, and half and half.
- Shake well and strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with grated nutmeg.
To make a Brandy Julep, you will need:
- 2 teaspoons of granulated sugar
- 1 ounce water
- 6 sprigs fresh mint
- 3 ounces Brandy
- ½ tablespoon dark Rum
- Chill a tall glass in the freezer.
- Combine sugar and water in the glass and stir until the sugar dissolves. Add three sprigs of mint and crush the mint against the sides of the glass.
- Fill the glass with crushed ice and pour in the Brandy. Float the Rum on the top of the Brandy and crushed ice, Garnish with remaining mint sprigs.
To make a Brandy Gump, you will need:
- 1 ½ ounces Brandy
- 1 ounce fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon grenadine syrup
- Fill a cocktail shaker half full with ice. Add lemon juice, grenadine, and brandy to the cocktail shaker and shake well. Strain into a cocktail glass.
To make a Brandy fix, you will need:
- 2 ½ ounces Brandy
- ½ Lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 slice of lemon
- Combine lemon juice, powdered sugar, and water in a cocktail glass and stir well.
- Fill the glass with shaved ice, add the brandy, and stir. Garnish with a lemon slice.
To make a Brandy Buck, you will need:
- 2 ½ ounce Brandy
- 3 ½ ounce ginger ale
- juice of ¼ lemon
- Combine all ingredients in a cocktail glass filled with ice and stir. Garnish with a lemon wedge.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Remember when Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman made all that noise—and news—before the Super Bowl? We had the story long before the season even started, trailing him all over Se ...