Looking for five breakfast appetizers for Thanksgiving? Breakfast-themed appetizers are a great way to start off a Thanksgiving brunch. You could also serve just breakfast appetizers in place of a larger Thanksgiving breakfast, so your guests can save room for turkey. Check out these recipes for some ideas.
Jalapeño Crescent Rolls
To make the breakfast appetizer for Thanksgiving jalapeño crescent rolls, you will need:
- four large jalapeños, seeded and quartered
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese with herbs
- eight slices bacon, cooked
- 8 ounces crescent roll dough
- 1/2 cup fruit salsa
- Cut crescent roll dough into sixteen triangles.
- Wrap a jalapeño strip, half a slice of bacon and some of the goat cheese in each triangle.
- Bake at 375 for twelve to fifteen minutes. Serve with fruit salsa.
To make the breakfast appetizer for Thanksgiving pumpkin muffins, you will need:
- two cups each pumpkin puree and brown sugar
- one cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- four large eggs
- 3 1/3 cups flour
- two teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- one tablespoon cinnamon
- one teaspoon each ginger and nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- Combine pumpkin, oil, water, sugar and eggs and beat until smooth.
- Mix dry ingredients together and gradually add to wet ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin tins. Bake at 350 for fifteen to nineteen minutes.
To make the breakfast appetizer for Thanksgiving fruit soup, you will need:
- 1 1/2 quarts water
- 1/4 cup quick tapioca
- two-inch cinnamon stick
- large can sliced peaches
- one cup pitted prunes
- one cup raisins
- 2 1/2 cups dried fruit
- two tablespoons lemon juice
- Combine water, tapioca and cinnamon and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer fifteen minutes.
- Add fruit and lemon juice. Simmer fifteen minutes, stirring often.
- Cover and let stand for half an hour. Remove cinnamon stick before serving.
To make the breakfast appetizer for Thanksgiving breakfast pizza, you will need:
- 12-inch pizza crust, prebaked
- 1/2 pound cream cheese
- two eggs
- four ounces bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- two scallions, sliced
- one cup each cubed ham and shredded cheddar
- Beat cream cheese with eggs until smooth. Spread on pizza crust.
- Cook bacon, then sautee peppers and scallions in bacon fat.
- Top with bacon, pepper, scallions and ham. Bake at 400 for fifteen to twenty minutes, then add cheese and bake until melted.
Apple and fig toast
To make the breakfast appetizer for Thanksgiving recipe apple and fig toast, you will need:
- 24 baguette slices
- one cup fig jam
- two tablespoons brandy
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- olive oil
- one Granny Smith apple, cut into 24 thin slices
- 24 thin slices Pecorino Romano cheese
- Drizzle the baguette slices with olive oil. Bake at 375 for about seven minutes or until crispy.
- Combine fig jam, brandy and hazelnuts.
- Top baguette slices with jam mixture, apple and cheese.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.