5 Breakfast Items You Can Make While Camping
If you are planning a camping trip then you will want to know about the five best breakfast Items you can make while camping. There is someone cooking breakfast first thing in the morning during a camping trip. Cooking breakfast is actually a really fun experience that the whole family can enjoy. Have fun making these five breakfast items while camping.
- Bacon. All you need to make this breakfast item you can make while camping is a cast iron skillet and a metal rack. Put the metal rack over the camp fire and then put the cast iron skillet on the rack. Put the bacon in the skillet and fry it just like you would on your home stove.
- Eggs. This is a really good breakfast item to make when you are camping if you have already made bacon. The eggs are delicious if you fry them in bacon grease in a cast iron skillet. For a healthier option, instead of using bacon grease, spray the cast iron skillet with non stick cooking spray before making the eggs.
- Pancakes. To make this breakfast item, you will want your campfire to be small, so you do not burn the pancakes. You will want to put a metal rack over the campfire. Just mix a boxed pancake mix in a bowl. Spray a cast iron skillet with non stick cooking spray and pour the pancake mix into the skillet. You will need to pay close attention to the pancakes because they tend to burn easier over a campfire.
- Homemade hash browns. To make this breakfast food while camping cut up a few potatoes into one inch squares. Chop an onion and a green pepper and mix them with the potatoes. These can either be cooked in a cast iron skillet over the camp fire or they can be wrapped in aluminum foil and placed on a metal rack over the camp fire to cook.
- Sausage patties. The easiest way to make this breakfast food while camping is to buy precooked sausage patties and heat them up in a cast iron skillet over the campfire. However, you can also buy a roll of sausage and make your own patties. Since there is a lot of grease in sausage, you don't need to worry about spraying your skillet with non stick cooking spray.