5 Brie Appetizer Recipes For Thanksgiving
Jazz up a holiday buffet table and wow your friends by serving one of these 5 brie appetizer recipes for Thanksgiving. While these brie appetizer recipes are the perfect way to kick off that holiday meal, you should feel free to serve them anytime of the year. They are easy enough to prepare, even if you don't have much kitchen experience.
Puffed Brie Appetizer with Onions
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion
- 4 ounce wedge of brie
- 1 pound puff pastry, thawed if frozen
- 1 beaten egg
- Melt butter in the saucepan on low heat. Chop onion and add to melted butter. Cook the onion until caramelized, stirring often. It should take about 40 minutes to an hour.
- Cut the rind off the brie. Spread a layer of brie over the puff pastry. Top with a layer of caramelized onions.
- Roll the puffy pastry into a log. Slice it into 1/2 inch wide rounds. Place each round on the baking sheet.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat each round with the beaten egg. Bake the puffed brie and onion for twelve minutes. When finished, they should look puffy and golden.
Brie en Croute
- 4 ounce wheel of brie
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- 1 beaten egg
- Sliced apple and pear
- Place one four ounce wheel of brie in the center of a sheet of puffy pastry. Gather the edges and corners of the pastry and wrap around the brie, completely encasing it. Coat the outside of the pastry with the beaten egg.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for twenty minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Top with a drizzle of honey and serve with apple and pear slices.
Almond Topped Brie Appetizer
- 4 ounces brie
- 1/2 cup toasted, slivered almonds
- Sliced baguette
- Remove the rind from a wheel or wedge of brie.
- Spread a layer of almonds on a cutting board or piece of parchment paper.
- Roll the brie in the almonds to coat. Serve with baguette slices and sliced fruit.
Grilled Chocolate and Brie Appetizer
- Butter, to taste
- Sliced sourdough bread
- 2 ounces of brie, sliced, per sandwich
- 2 ounces dark chocolate, per sandwich
- Spread a layer of butter on one side of two pieces of sourdough bread. Place one slice of bread, butter side down, on a skillet or grill pan. Top the unbuttered side with slices of brie and several pieces of chocolate. Heat the skillet or grill pan and cover, cooking until brie has melted a little.
- Remove the cover and place the other slice of bread, unbuttered side down, on top of the brie and chocolate. Press on the bread to meld it to the brie, then flip the sandwich over and cook on the other side, pressing on it.
- Take sandwich off the skillet. Slice into halves or quarters and serve. Make one sandwich for every guest.
Simple Brie and Fruit Toasts Appetizers
- 8 ounce wedge of brie
- 1 box Melba toasts
- 2 apples, sliced thinly
- Apricot jam
- Cut a wedge of brie into thin slices, leaving the rind intact. Place each piece of brie on a piece of melba toast.
- Top the brie with a thinly sliced piece of apple. Add a dollop of apricot jam if you would like.