5 Car Rust Removal Tips
Below are five car rust removal tips that you can use to save you time and money. Your car is one of the most important assets you can have. You need it for work, school and any other places you need to be. When it comes to your car, you need be wary of things that can ruin the car's paint. Rain, chemicals, sunlight and intense heat are a damaging things that may cause car rust. Car rust is corrosive and spreads quickly. But, before you get a whole new paint job, try these rust removal tips.
To remove car rust, you need:
- A hand sander
- Rust inhibitor
- A can of spray paint that is the same color as your car's finish
- Clear coat
- Sand away the car rust. You need to use the hand sander to remove any visible rust from your car. Avoid over-sanding the area. Make sure to use only a hand sander that you can handle easily. You don't want to disturb or damage your paint too much.
- Once the car rust is removed, apply a rust inhibitor to the location. Rust inhibitor prevents future problems of rust from occurring. You can find a good rust inhibitor online or at a car parts store, like Discount Auto or Auto Zone. They usually have several brands to choose from.
- Use a filler to cover the sanded spot and use the hand sander to smooth it out.
- Use a spray paint the same color as your car's paint to cover the filler. Lightly spray on the paint until the spot is completely covered.
- Wait until the paint is dry. After the paint is completely dry, spray or apply a clear coat to protect the newly painted finish. A clear coat makes the paint shine as well as protect from future damage.
Follow these tips to remove rust from your car's paint.