Here are the top 5 casual shoes to wear with a sport coat. When it's time to choose the best casual shoes to wear with a sport coat, your favorite run-down Converse from freshman year of school should stay in the closet where they belong. There are better shoes to wear with a sport coat that won't look lame or lazy to a passing onlooker.
- Fashion sneakers. A classy pair of fashionable street sneakers are great casual shoes to wear with a sport coat while also keeping the prattish overdressed look at bay. Shoot for fashionable, sleek sneaks in a solid or near-solid color – no chunky court shoes or shiny fluorescent kicks with the tag attached, please.
- Boat shoes. Boat shoes are as American as apple pie, so they're a prime candidate for the list of laid-back shoes to wear with a sport coat. If you're shooting for the preppy New Englander look, this is the choice for you. Wear them until they die; the best boat shoes are dead boat shoes.
- Combat boots. For that industrial steampunk look, combine some clunky tie-up boots with a sharp sports coat. Steampunk combines modern with traditional, military with artistic. Combat boots may also be some of the most comfortable casual shoes to wear with a sport coat.
- Sandals. Hey, some people may scoff at a guy that chooses sandals as shoes to wear with a sport coat. However, a pair of classy leather sandals with a breezy pant and a linen sport coat is sexy, looks rich, and is relaxed. They're just jealous that you look like you're fresh off the yacht.
- Converse sneakers. While it's not a good idea to wear completely trashed Cons, it's perfectly acceptable to wear a clean, well-tended pair. Converse sneakers convey the message that you're fun and fashion-conscious while not being too serious. What more can a guy ask from a pair of shoes to wear with a sport coat?
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.