5 Catfish Fishing Tips
Fishing for catfish is a great pass time for men and women and these 5 catfish fishing tips will make sure you go home with the perfect catch. If you have never fought to reel in a big catfish, you are missing out. Catfish can give you a run for your money when you are fishing for them. But if you follow these 5 catfish fishing tips you will be sure to catch a nice catfish and be the envy of all your friends.
- Always have plenty of live bait. Small perch are great for catching a large catfish. Night crawlers are another bait that catfish love to feed on. Also, gold fish seem to be a popular choice for many fisherman.
- If your bait has been in the water for some length of time, and you have had no bites, tug on your line to move it around a bit. This gives it some movement that a catfish will see and be attracted to.
- Catfish feed off of smell. Store bought bait will not work for these fish. The more your bait stinks the better the catfish will like it. Buy some chicken liver and let it sit in the sun all day. I promise you will catch a nice catfish with this stinky stuff.
- When fishing at night, try using glow in the dark paint and paint the tip of your rods. This helps you see your rod better and know if you are getting a bite.
- Use heavy sinkers when fishing for catfish where there are a lot of snags.