5 Catholic Feast Day Recipes
These 5 Catholic feast day recipes will make your dinner a success. These recipes are traditional, designed to fit any Catholic palate and are often easy to make.
- 1 3 to 4 lb. ham
- 1 cup bourbon
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2 tbsp. grated orange peel
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- In small saucepan, heat remaining ingredients until sugar is melted. Pour mixture over ham.
- Place marinated ham in oven. Baste every ten to fifteen minutes.
- Cook ham for 40 minutes, or until thermometer indicates it is cooked thoroughly.
- Serve the feast day recipe while still warm, topped with sauce.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1, 28 oz. can tomatoes, chopped
- 1 large can of white beans
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup parsley
- 1 cup spinach, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup pasta
- Sea salt and pepper
- Minestrone soup. Begin the Catholic recipe by sautéing the onion and celery until for five minutes.
- Add garlic and tomatoes, cook until tomato liquid is reduced by half.
- Add vegetable stock, beans and parsley. Lower heat so soup is simmering, cook for thirty minutes.
- Add spinach and pasta, cook until pasta is tender.
- Remove soup from heat, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the Catholic feast day soup while still warm.
Salmon on Salt
- 1 2 lb. salmon filet
- 4 cups sea salt
- Heavy pan with lid
- Salmon on salt feast day recipe. Put four coups of sea salt in pan and heat on high.
- When salt is smoking, add salmon filet to top. Cover and let cook for at least fifteen minutes.
- Salmon will be done when bright pink.
- Remove salmon from salt. Serve the Catholic recipe while warm.
Sundried Tomato Pasta Salad
- 2 cups sundried tomatoes in oil, chopped
- 4 cups pasta
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, chopped
- Sea salt to taste
- Sundried tomato pasta salad. Make pasta as directed by package.
- Drain pasta and let cool slightly.
- Add sundried tomatoes ,mozzarella cheese and sea salt, if desired in mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly and let sit for five to ten minutes.
- Add pasta to tomato and cheese mixture. Stir thoroughly. The feast day recipe can be served warm or cold.
Catholic Crown Cake
- 1 pre-made bunt cake or bunt-cake mix
- 1 container white icing
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 1cup mixed color gummy candies, preferably in dot form
- Catholic crown cake. Prepare bunt cake as directed. Let completely cool.
- Mix icing with small amounts of milk to thin it. Do not make too runny or it will not stick to the cake. The goal is for the icing to be about half as thick as it was previously.
- Add icing to cake, letting some slide down the sides of the cake.
- Top cake with gummy candies to resemble a crown.