If you suffer from rectal pressure and are unsure of the cause, here is a condensed list of five causes of rectal pressure. Rectal pressure can be annoying when it comes and goes, and can be quite painful at times. Rectal pressure can be a sign of other conditions if experienced frequently.
- Rectal or colon cancer. Polyps and cysts in the rectum or colon can cause a feeling of pressure in the rectum. Be aware that not all polyps and cysts are cancerous. Your doctor or a Gastrointestinal specialist will be able to decide if you have any of these growths and if they are cancerous. Many people have non-cancerous growths in the colon and rectum that still may need to be surgically removed if the pressure they cause is intolerable.
- Hemorrhoids. Hemorrhoids are small clusters of tissue that contain blood vessels. Although generally these do not require surgery, if the rectal pressure or pain they are causing is a problem, then surgery may be an option.
- Constipation. If you have a lot of stool in the colon, this causes pressure on the rectum. This pressure can be painful at times. Increasing your intake of dietary fiber, drinking more water, and stool softeners can help relieve the constipation that is causing the rectal pressure.
- Back Injury. Back muscle injuries can cause spasms in the muscles of the lower back and tailbone, including the rectum. These types of spasms generally are not long lasting.
- Nerve Injuries. Nerve injuries in the back, leg, and spine can cause a feeling of pressure in the rectum. This is because many of the nerves around the pelvis and rectum also run through the back and legs.
There are numerous illnesses and diseases that have rectal pressure listed as a symptom. Always talk to your doctor if you experience rectal pressure that does not go away or is frequent in nature.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
13 Pro Wrestling Tales Too Crazy to be True—But They Are!
Because the gnarliest stuff happens when the cameras are off.