Here are 5 causes of urination problems in men. Urination problems in men are quite common. Problems with urination may be the result of medications such as diuretics. Bladder issues can also be the result of certain health problems/conditions, diabetes, stroke, and other neurological diseases. Keep reading to learn about five specific causes of urination issues in men.
- Diabetes. Both type one and type two diabetes can cause urination problems in men. Diabetes can cause frequent urination because the body is constantly trying to rid itself of unused glucose through urine. Problems with frequent urination can be a sign of diabetes.
- Prostate issues. If a man has an enlarged prostate pressing against the urethra it can block the flow of urine. This can cause the bladder wall to become irritated. The bladder will begin to contract even when it contains only a small amount of urine, which in turn causes more frequent urination.
- Interstitial cystitis. The cause of this condition is unknown and is characterized by pain in the pelvic and bladder region. The condition causes an urgent and/or frequent need to urinate.
- The use of diuretics. Diuretics are used to treat high blood pressure or fluid build up work in the kidneys and flush out excess fluid from the body. Because excess fluid is being flushed out from the body it causes frequent urination.
- Stroke and other neurological diseases. If a man suffers damage to the nerves that supply the bladder it can cause problems with bladder function such as frequent and sudden urges to urinate.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …