There are more than 5 celebrities that play WOW out there, but we decided to go with the five most shocking. World of Warcraft is a highly successful Massive Multi-player Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG) that is full of virtually endless quests, players, and lands. Tons of people play WOW, actually with 11.5 million monthly subscribers alone. It's really no surprise to find celebrities that play WOW, but we'll bet you never saw these ones coming:
- Mila Kunis. Known for her roles in both "That 70's Show" and "Family Guy," Kunis has risen to celebrity prominence as both an attractive and brilliant actress. Lots of people play WOW, but there is only one "really kick ass mage" as Mila described herself on Jimmy Kimmel's show.
- Vin Diesel. Although our brawny actor seems like the last person on Earth who would play WOW, even the Vin is no match for the allures of a Role Playing Game. Diesel cites his childhood, where he played Dungeons and Dragons, as the primary influence on his World of Warcraft playing.
- Verne Troyer. Yes, even "Mini-Me" isn't immune to the attraction of World of Warcraft. The 2' 8" tall Troyer has even been in promotions for the game as "Gnome Mage", although we seriously doubt that is his true character to play WOW with.
- Robin Williams. Perhaps the least surprising of all the celebrities that play WOW, ol' Robin is a hardcore gamer. From his front row seat at the E3 unveiling of Spore to naming his daughter "Zelda", Robin Williams is a big fan of Warcraft. Oh, that and Pokemon, apparently.
- Curt Schilling. The former starting pitcher for the Red Sox, Diamondbacks, and Phillies isn't afraid to express his love for video games. Aside from the fact that he is one of the major athletes that play WOW, Schilling has founded his own video game development company, 38 Studios (named after his jersey). His frequent appearances on World of Warcraft podcasts merely showcase his actually love to play WOW.
These famous icons are just some of the hundreds who play the most addicting online game out there: World of Warcraft. While the number of celebrities that play WOW are too numerous to count, we hope that you have enjoyed learning the geekier side of some of our favorite celebrities.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.