5 Celebrity Breakups 2009
Proof that having money and fame doesn't exempt people from heartbreak, here are five celebrity breakups in 2009. Or perhaps the celebrity status caused the breakups. Whatever the case, you may or may not have seen these five celebrity breakups coming in 2009.
- Kim Kardashian and Reggie Bush. New Orleans Saints running back and reality TV star Kim Kardashian have been separated by their jobs. For some people, the separation makes the heart grow fonder, but for them, it only makes them one of five celebrity couples who broke up in 2009.
- Jessica Simpson and Tony Romo. Football player Tony Romo had the audacity to split with actress Jessica Simpson the night before her birthday. She'll be better off without him in the long run, but his timing totally stinks. This 2009 celebrity breakup is no surprise to those who have followed Tony's past relationships.
- Kate and Jon Gosselin. Reality TV stars Kate and John Gosselin have called it quits, in spite of the eight children who rely on them for support. Looks like Kate has her hands full since John seems bent on creating his own personal drama with the ladies. Since this 2009 celebrity breakup, Kate has moved on with her life and taken up dancing on "Dancing With the Stars."
- Paris Hilton and Doug Reinhardt. Is it any surprise that Paris Hilton made the list of five celebrity breakups in 2009? Given this celebutante's relationship history, it shouldn't be. Now Paris and Doug are "just friends."
- Miley Cyrus and Justin Gaston. Sobs are in order for the teenage singer/actress Miley Cyrus and underwear model Justin Gaston. Apparently, they are another statistic in the damaging distance so many celebrities cite as the reason for splitting.
Although there were scores of other splits in Hollywood, these five celebrity breakups in 2009 made the A-list of crumbled couples. While most couples can quietly break up and go their separate ways, these folks have to deal with the public, making the division even more devastating.