5 Champagne Tasting Tips
To help you thoroughly enjoy that next glass of champagne, here are 5 champagne tasting tips. Champagne has long been chosen as the celebratory drink of choice. This article will cover helpful tips that can greatly enhance your champagne drinking experience.
- Chill it properly. One of the most important 5 champagne tasting tips is to chill the champagne properly. Properly chilled champagne enhances the flavor greatly. Champagne should be chilled in a bucket of ice 15 to 30 minutes before serving. You can also chill champagne in the bottom of the refrigerator for 3 to 4 hours. Be careful not to get the champagne too cold or you'll risk compromising the flavors..
- Use the right glass. The type of glass you use to drink your champagne from is very important. Use long stemmed glasses that are wide and high. This type of glass will allow the bubbles to move freely.
- Open the bottle correctly. Another tip to enhance your champagne drinking experience is to make sure that the champagne bottle is opened correctly. They way a champagne bottle is opened can affect the way it taste. If the bottle is opened and the bubbles are allowed to spill and spew out then the champagne can have a flat taste. Opening champagne bottle correctly will save the bubbles which will maximize the flavor.
- Admire the champagne. Many find that taking in the smell and color of champagne can be quit rewarding. Lightly swish the champagne around in the glass to release the fragrant aromas. This can make the drinking experience even better.
- Taste the champagne. Champagne is a sophisticated drink that should be sipped in order to savor the different flavor notes.