5 Cheap Appetizer Recipes For Thanksgiving
The 5 cheap appetizer recipes for Thanksgiving are economical to prepare and taste delicious. You can keep foods cold on Thanksgiving by filling a decorative bowl with ice and setting your bowl of food in the ice.
To make guacamole, you will need:
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and mashed
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup finely diced onion
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper finely chopped or 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- Mash together the avocados and salt in a bowl.
- Mix in rest of the ingredients.
- Refrigerate until ready.
To make mini crescent dogs, you will need:
- 2 (8-oz.) cans crescent rolls
- 1 package small cocktail wieners or hot dogs cut into thirds
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Unroll both cans of the dough. Separate the triangles. With a pizza cutter, cut each triangle lengthwise into three triangles.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over triangles. Place wiener on widest side of each triangle and roll up.
- Place the point side down on an ungreased cooking sheet. Place on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for ten minutes or until golden brown. Turn once while cooking so the bottom does not get too brown.
- Serve with warm barbecue sauce for dipping as a cheap Thanksgiving Day appetizer.
To make bean and cheese dip, you will need:
- 1 lb. processed Cheddar cheese
- 1 can refried beans
- 1/2 cup mild to medium chunky salsa
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper finely chopped or 4 drops hot pepper sauce
- Chips for dipping
- Cut the cheese into one-inch chunks.
- Put the cheese, beans and salsa in the slow cooker. Set to low.
- Stir occasionally until the cheese melts. Takes about an hour.
To make oil and vinegar bread dip, you will need:
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp. dried basil
- 1-1/4 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- Italian bread or French bread cut into bite-sized pieces
- In a bowl, mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, spices, salt and pepper.
- Cover the bowl with a lid. Refrigerate overnight.
- Stir well before serving.
- Serve with warm Italian or French bread.
To make appetizer platter you will need:
- Clean celery sticks and cut into inch pieces.
- Fill celery with cream cheese or peanut butter. Arrange on serving dish.
- Add carrots cut into pieces to serving dish. Then add black and green olives, sweet and dill pickles cut into bite sizes, salami, and cheese cut into cubes.
- Serve with a variety of crackers and pretzels.
Get creative with your Thanksgiving appetizers and find the Thanksgiving Day appetizers that your family enjoys. Happy Thanksgiving.