Five cheap, easy appetizers for Thanksgiving can save your gusts from getting too hungry while waiting for dinner. The last thing you need is overly complicated appetizers that shave time off dinner preparation. Simple food is the best so let's look at five cheap easy Thanksgiving appetizers.
- Two cups seasoned bread crumbs.
- One cup Parmesan cheese.
- One Diced onion.
- One cup chicken broth.
- Two tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Wash mushrooms and remove stems.
- Saute onions until clear.
Combine bread crumbs, cheese, onions, butter and chicken broth in a bowl. Salt to taste.
- Spoon stuffing mixture into mushroom and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for fifteen minutes. Great easy Thanksgiving appetizer!
Fancy cheese and crackers
- 20 round water crackers
- 1 can sliced black olives
- 1/2 lb. hard cheese such as cheddar or jack
- 1 jar of pimentos
- Arrange crackers on a plate.
- Slice cheese to fit crackers.
- Place a slice of cheese on each cracker. Top with an olive slice and a pimento.
Cheesy pigs in a blanket
- 2 cans Pillsbury croissants
- 2 packages hot dogs
- 2 packages sliced American cheese
- Tooth picks
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Place one hot dog on top of one cheese slice. Wrap a croissant dough around both the hot dog and cheese, so that only the ends are exposed.
- When all hot dogs are wrapped, place on baking sheet in oven and bake for thirty minutes or until golden brown. Remove and let cool for five minutes.
- Slice into one inch thick pieces and place tooth picks in center. Serve warm.
Classic Cheese Ball
- 1 lb. extra sharp cheddar cheese
- (2) 8 oz. packages cream cheese
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp. + 1/2 cup of paprika
- Grate cheddar cheese and place in a bowl. Add the cream cheese, Worcestershire sauce and salt. Crush garlic cloves into the mixture and add 2 teaspoons of paprika.
- Mix with your hands or in a food processor until blended. Form into two balls of equal size.
- Place remaining paprika on wax paper and roll the cheese balls in the paprika until thoroughly coated. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand in the refrigerator for two hours before serving.
- 1 loaf of sliced bread
- 1 fresh cucumber
- Salt and Pepper
- Slice cucumbers into thin, round pieces. Set aside.
Take a slice of bread and cut out circular pieces, one to two inches wide, with a shot glass or cookie cutter.
- Place the rounds on a platter and coat with mayonnaise. Place a couple of cucumber slices on half the bread rounds and dust with salt and pepper. Place the other bread rounds on top and serve.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Remember when Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman made all that noise—and news—before the Super Bowl? We had the story long before the season even started, trailing him all over Se ...