5 Cheap Weekend Getaway Ideas
Lets take a look at 5 cheap weekend getaway ideas. There are ways to spend a few days away that won't stress you out later, when the bills come due. Whether your looking for a peaceful retreat or lively distraction, there is something for everyone out there, even those on a budget.
- Bed and Breakfast Inns. These quaint, usually family or couples managed inns are the perfect place to unwind and take back your peace of mind. They are usually located in quiet, small towns in beautiful Victorian homes that vary in size from grand mansions to small cottages. As the name implies, they offer a room and breakfast for one price. The rates of B&B's go up or down, according to the time of year or when a popular event is happening in the town or area they are located in. If you go during an off season, they can be cheaper by as much as half, thus making them a real bargain. They are usually quiet retreats with cozy rooms and inviting sitting parlors.
- All Inclusive Seminars And Conventions. Depending on the type of seminar or convention you are attending, these can be huge bargains for a budget conscious weekender. They usually book large numbers of rooms at a given hotel for a huge discount and pass the savings on to their participants. There is also free food served during the event and sometimes sight seeing activities are included. Choose a subject you are interested in such as writing, politics or art, then choose a location you want to visit and look for seminars on your subject in those areas.
- Camping. Its still the most economical way to spend a weekend away, especially for families. Camp grounds still require only a minimal fee for pitching a tent or hooking up your RV and the rest that Mother Nature has to offer is free. There is no "per person" charge at a camp site and you cook all of your own meals. Hiking, fishing, star gazing and just enjoying the great outdoors can be one of the best weekends you'll ever spend.
- Visit A Friend Or Relative. This is a great way to reconnect with loved ones as well as spend some time away from your own hectic lifestyle. Visit a friend who lives in a town you've always wanted to see or have not seen in years. Staying with friends and relatives can be tricky and sometimes awkward, but if you don't mind flat pillows or the couch, its much more affordable than a hotel.
- Take A Road Trip. This can be as exciting as it has been portrayed in countless films and novels. Pack some food, load up your favorite music and take off. You can have a plan and a destination, or you can wing it. Stop along the way and explore the small towns and nooks that you never knew were there. Stay at cheap motels or B&B's or even at camp sites, if you remembered to pack sleeping bags.