The five chicken appetizers for Thanksgiving will be a perfect beginning for your Thanksgiving Day dinner. The recipes are easy to make and are sure to please your guests.
To make buffalo chicken wings you will need:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup Texas Pete hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 chicken wings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the butter, hot sauce, pepper and garlic powder in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir together and heat until butter is melted and mixture is well blended.
- Remove from heat and set aside to serve with the wings.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, paprika, cayenne pepper and salt.
- Place chicken wings in a large bowl and sprinkle flour mixture over them until they are evenly coated.
- Cover and refrigerate for 60 to 90 minutes.
- Remove chicken and place on baking sheets.
- Lightly sprinkle the top of the chicken wings with the flour mixture and spray lightly with oil.
- Baste the chicken with the sauce as the chicken bakes.
- Bake for twenty minutes. Turn the chicken appetizers over and bake and baste the chicken for an additional twenty minutes.
To make appetizer chicken kabobs you will need:
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 slices of ginger root, grated
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 1 inch pieces
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 6 green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 package wooden skewers
- In a mixing bowl, combine first five ingredients for marinade.
- Stir in chicken and onion. Cover and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Next day, soak wooden skewers in water for fifteen minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- On each skewer, thread a piece of chicken, onion, mushroom, tomato and another chicken piece.
- Place on a broiler rack. Broil five inches from the heat.
- Baste the skewers with the marinade and cook three minutes.
- Turn and baste with marinade and cook three minutes or until done.
- This is a good make ahead chicken appetizer for Thanksgiving Day.
To make toast toppers you will need:
- Rotisserie chicken, fully cooked
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1 bottle barbecue sauce
- Sweet pickles, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Slice one loaf of French bread into 1/4-inch-thick rounds.
- Brush each slice with olive oil or melted butter.
- Place the bread rounds on baking sheets.
- Bake until crisp and lightly golden around the edges, about fifteen minutes.
- Chop rotisserie chicken meat. Toss with barbecue sauce.
- Spoon mixture onto toast.
- Top with slice of sweet pickle.
To make bleu cheese chicken bites, you will need:
- 1 4-ounce boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 48 Ritz Crackers
- Mix the first five ingredients in a bowl.
- Spoon onto crackers.
- Serve this Thanksgiving chicken appetizer immediately
To make hot chicken dip, you will need:
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 can diced chile peppers
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- French bread, cut into serving pieces
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix together the chicken, diced tomatoes, chile peppers, cream cheese and cream of chicken soup.
- Cook twenty minutes.
- Stir frequently until the dip begins to thicken.
- Chicken Thanksgiving appetizers are best served hot.
Try to make a few cold appetizers ahead of time so you are not spending all of your time in the kitchen on Thanksgiving. These chicken appetizers for Thanksgiving Day can be used throughout the year.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!