With Fall and Winter fast approaching, here are 5 chicken dumplings recipes for those chilly nights. It is not only hearty but can be very healthy. Hopefully these recipes will provide you with ideas for different types of chicken dumpling recipes.
Kraft’s Zesty Chicken Dumplings Recipe.
- 2 lbs. Chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup Zesty Italian dressing
- 5 cups water
- 1 onion
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup milk
1. Brown thighs 4 minutes on both sides in 2 tbsp. Zesty Italian Dressing to which onion has been added.
2. Cover and simmer 15 minutes.
3. Add remainder of 3/4 cup of dressing and 5 cups of boiling water and simmer 15 more minutes.
4. Take the thighs out of the liquid, get rid of bones and skin, and chop up the chicken.
5. Return chicken to pot. Mix 2 cups flour, 1 tsp. baking powder, 1/3 cup shortening until it is crumbly.
6. Add in 1/2 cup milk and mix until it forms dough.
7. Knead, roll out, and cut in 1” squares.
8. Add squares to top of mixture in pot, cover, simmer 40 minutes.
Kraft’s Chicken Dumplings in Green Salsa.
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 whole Chicken
- 1 jar green salsa
- 1 10-1/2 oz. can chicken broth
- 3/4 cup dry masa
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1. Fry bacon crisp, remove bacon and drippings from pan, drain on paper towel
2. Cut up whole chicken.
3. Cook chicken in batches 3 minutes on each side.
4. Add chicken to pan and stir in salsa and chicken broth.
5. Bring to a boil, cover, simmer 15 minutes.
6. Mix masa with water to make soft dough, shape in 1 tsp. balls, and place on top of chicken.
7. Cook 5-8 minutes.
8. Stir in bacon, cilantro and top with cheddar cheese.
Paula Deen’s Chicken Dumplings Recipe.
- 1 whole Chicken cut in eight pieces
- 3 stalks celery
- 1 large onion
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 bouillon cubes
- Salt, pepper and garlic
- 4 quarts water
1. Simmer chicken 40 minutes.
2. Remove, get rid of bones and skin, and return to pot. Simmer.
3. Mix 2 cups flour and 1 tsp. salt, drizzle ice water to start mix, add 3/4 cut total of ice water.
4. Knead and form in balls. Roll out and cut in 1” pieces. Pull pieces apart and drop in pot. Do not stir.
5. Move pot gently to submerge dumplings.
6. Cook 3 to 4 minutes more until dumplings float.
7. Add cornstarch mixed with water before dumplings to get desired thickness.
Chicken and Flour Tortilla Dumplings.
- 3 skinless Chicken breasts.
- 2 quarts water
- 14 oz. burrito size flour tortillas
- 2 cans Cream of Chicken soup
- 1 cup butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup milk
1. Boil three Chicken breasts in 2 quarts water until tender.
2. Cut up 14 ounces of burrito size flour tortillas by making 5 cuts across and one down the middle.
3. Remove Chicken from pot and cube or shred.
4. Return Chicken to pot and add 2 cans cream of chicken soup, 1 cup butter, salt and pepper to broth.
5. Bring to a boil and drop tortilla pieces one at a time.
6. Move around with wooden spoon but do not stir.
7. Boil for 12 minutes.
8. Remove from heat, add 1 cup milk, mix in gently.
Crock Pot Chicken Dumplings Recipe.
- 4 boneless, skinless Chicken breasts
- 2 cans Cream of Chicken soup
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 cups water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 packages refrigerated biscuits
1. Cut up Chicken in chunks
2. Add 2 cans soup, 1/4 cup onion, 2 cups water and bouillon cube to crock pot.
3. Cover and cook 5 to 6 hours on low.
4. Turn crock pot to high 40 minutes before you’re ready to eat.
5. Tear biscuits into 1” pieces and add to crock pot.
6. Stir gently.
7. Cover, cook on high 30 minutes until biscuits are done.
Tip: Dumplings can be made from Bisquick and dropped into any chicken stew (soup) mixture.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.