5 Christian Dating Rules
Before you begin dating you will need to know at least 5 Christian dating rules. Christian dating rules will guide you through your dating life and give you guidance for following God’s rule. Christian dating rules can be challenging in today’s modern world but if you keep your relationship with God the priority you will be successful.
- Honor your beliefs and set boundaries. Christian dating can test your emotions, will power, and even your faith. Before you embark on the quest for a life partner, establish your boundaries. This will help you meet the challenges of Christian dating. Communicate with God to discover what your boundaries should be. For instance, innocent touching or hugging with a date may mislead or send a message of encouragement that premarital sex is a possibility. As a Christian, you know the word of God. Dating will afford you many opportunities to apply that word into real life situations. Your beliefs will keep you strong and setting boundaries will keep you in place.
- Date another Christian. The most important thing a dating couple can share is their faith in God. As a Christian couple you will share the same values, the same faith, and comparable attitudes on marriage, children, and raising a family. You will be able to create a strong relationship and later a family as Christians.
- Honor God with your abstinence. Make the choice to not have any sexual contact including touching or kissing. Celibacy can be challenging under the best of circumstances. As you get to know each other and develop affection the temptation to exchanges kisses and touches will grow. Keeping any physical contact out of your Christian dates will make celibacy much easier.
- Date in public places only and double date. Meeting your date in public or joining another Christian couple will eliminate situations that could increase temptation. Public settings and another couple at the dinner table promotes conversation and conversation is the best way to get to know a person. You will learn far more about your Christian date from the spoken word than from intimate touching.
- Pray together to strengthen your relationship. Become friends first by sharing conversation, common interests, and worship. Prayer will be the guiding light to help the Christian couple over bumps in the road. Creating a strong friendship in the beginning of a Christian relationship will give you both a best friend to confide in, and if marriage happens in time, you will spend your life happily with your best friend.