Get ready for some holiday cooking with these 5 Christmas lunch recipes. If you have house guests coming for the holidays, you might be nervous about what to feed them besides the big formal meal. These are easy lunch dishes are great for Christmas. With many of these dishes you can use leftovers from the bigger meal that you might have already prepared.
Grilled Turkey Panini
- 3 Tbsp. soft margarine
- 1/4 cup garlic herb Italian topping
- 8 slices marble rye bread
- 12 slices turkey breast (You can use lunch meat or leftover sliced Christmas turkey. You can also substitute chicken.)
- 4 American cheese slices
- 2 large tomatoes, each cut into 6 slices
- Mix margarine and Italian topping until well blended. Set aside.
- Top four slices of bread with three slices of turkey and one slice of cheese. Next put on the tomatoes and then cover with the remaining bread slices.
- Spread the outside of the sandwiches with margarine mixture. Make sure you do this as even as possible.
- Cook in a skillet over medium heat for around three minutes on each side or until the sides are golden brown. You will also want to make sure the cheese is melted.
Chicken Salad & Feta Wraps
- 6 oz. grilled chicken breast strips (You can substitute with left over chicken or turkey from your Christmas meal.)
- 4 oz. traditional crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup seedless red grape halves
- 1/4 cup real mayo mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inch)
- Combine all ingredients except for the tortillas. Mix well.
- Spoon the mixture into tortillas. Roll up the tortillas.
Sassy Potato Corn Chowder
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 can (14 oz.) fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/4 lb. baking potatoes (about 3), peeled, cubed
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen corn, thawed, drained (You can use leftover corn instead.)
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup MIRACLE WHIP Light Dressing
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 cups milk
- Cook the bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels and discard drippings.
- Mix vegetables and broth in a saucepan. Bring to a boil and then simmer on low for about fifteen minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the dressing, flour and milk. Next add the bacon. Cook three to five minutes or until heated through. Stir constantly.
Cheesy Spinach Soup
- 1 Tbsp. soft reduced calorie margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 lb. (8 oz.) Velveeta 2% Milk Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, cooked, well drained (Leftover spinach can be used.)
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Dash pepper
- Cook onions in melted butter over medium heat. Stir to keep from sticking. Cook until tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients. Cook on low heat until Velveeta is melted and the soup is heated through.
Blue Ribbon Ham Casserole
- 1/4 cup chopped green peppers
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1/2 lb. (8 oz.) Velveeta Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut up
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 cups cooked cubed potatoes
- 3/4 cup chopped cooked ham (You can use leftover Christmas ham. The ham that most people have for Christmas is usually glazed with brown sugar and using meat the is cooked that way will give the dish a nice flavor.)
- Cook peppers and onions in butter in a large skillet on medium heat. Cook until tender. Then reduce heat to low.
- Add Velveeta and milk. Cook on low until the Velveeta is melted.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cook the soup until it is heated through.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
14 Things to Look Forward to in Your 40s
The door is wide open to say and do anything you want. Such as the following...