5 Cleaning Tips For Tile In Bathroom
Here are 5 cleaning tips for bathroom tile. The bathroom is the one of the most dreaded places in the house to clean and cleaning tile in the bathroom can seem like a daunting task. With these five tips, you'll be sailing through your bathroom cleaning regimen in no time. You will be amazed at how spotless the tile in the bathroom looks.
- Steam Clean. Before you tackle those bathroom tiles, turn the shower on hot for five minutes to loosen any dirt. This makes it all the more easier to scrub away the dirt that is stuck in the grout between tiles.
- Use scouring powder on stubborn stains. one cup of Borax powder mixed with one cup of baking soda makes a potent scouring powder. Add enough hot water to create a paste and apply the paste to the stains. Allow the paste to sit on the stains for ten minutes, scrub and rinse.
- Use vinegar. Keep tiles sparkling clean with a mixture of vinegar and water. This is especially useful if you have tile walls that look dull. Tip: Add fresh lemon to the vinegar and water to give this cleaning solution a fresh clean smell.
- Try ammonia. Got mildew on the tile in the bathroom? Mildew occurs because of the moisture that lingers in the bathroom after showers. A mixture of ammonia and water sponged on the tile will rid your bathroom tiles of mildew. Important: Use a face mask and protective gloves when cleaning with ammonia and never mix it with bleach as that mixture will cause toxic fumes.
- Bleach works on grout joints. When grout joints get dirty, it often takes a lot of work to get them clean and keep them clean. Wash the grout joints on bathroom tile countertops with a solution of one to two tablespoons chlorine bleach mixed with one quart of water.