Try these five cold appetizer recipes for Thanksgiving that you can make ahead of time. The kitchen is so busy on Thanksgiving Day that is nice to have some of the food already prepared and waiting for guests.
To make cheese balls, you will need:
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 green bell pepper, minced
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3/4 cup pecans chopped
- In a medium bowl,combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, pepper jack cheese, green bell pepper, green onion, Worcestershire sauce and garlic salt.
- Mix together. Form mixture into two balls.
- Roll the balls into chopped pecans. Refrigerate.
- Serve with crackers.
To make shrimp cocktail you will need:
- 2 pounds cooked salad or medium shrimp
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 3/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- Combine all ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl; whisk until smooth. Cover and chill.
- Add sauce to a decorative glass.
- Place several shrimp on the rim of the glass with the tails on the outside of the glass for a great cold Thanksgiving appetizer.
To make stuffed black olives you will need:
- 1 (6 ounce) can large, pitted black olives, drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- l clove garlic minced
- Mix the cream cheese and garlic together until well blended.
- Take a butter knife or use a cake decorator bag and pipe the cheese into olives.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
To make stuffed celery you will need:
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese
- 1 4 oz package crumbled blue cheese
- 1 package fresh celery stalks washed, cut into one-inch pieces
- 2 green onion stalks thinly chopped
- Set out the cream cheese until the cheese is at room temperature.
- Mix cheeses together.
- Spread cheese mixture into the hollow part of the celery.
- Garnish with green onion.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve the Thanksgiving appetizer.
To make olive and bleu cheese ball you will need:
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup crumbled bleu cheese or Gorgonzola cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 cup chopped green olives
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- Variety of crackers
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, butter and blue cheese. Stir in olives and chives.
- Spoon onto plastic wrap. Shape into a ball. Refrigerate thirty minutes.
- To serve, unwrap and place on a serving tray. Serve with crackers.
These five cold Thanksgiving appetizer recipes are so good you will probably find yourself fixing them for other occasions other than just Thanksgiving Day.