Here are 5 common male reproductive health issues. These are male reproductive health issues that five out of ten men encounter. These common health problems may actually be due to improper diet, dependence in alcohol and drugs, sedentary lifestyle, health care beliefs, and person’s age. All of these factors can trigger a dysfunction to any of the male sexual organs, in which it isn’t unusual anymore. Here are a few common male reproductive health problems:
- Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy. The most common diagnosis with men whose age ranges from 25-40. As the man ages, the glands begin to grow again. Prostate gland can only be found in males, and it aids in enhancing sperm motility and fertility that contract during ejaculation. This disorder is most commonly known as the enlargement of the prostate gland or in scientific term prostatomegaly. This condition is usually age-related, but in some cases the cause of it is not proven yet. However, once you’re experiencing an uncontrollable urination, especially when there’s a pain or blood presence during voiding, seek medical advice instantly.
- Erectile Dysfunction. Several guys call this as the “pride meltdown” or the “downfall of ecstasy.” ED, as abbreviated, or impotence is no joke; it surely kills the level of libido in a man’s life, along with the increased levels of depression. For a penis to become erect, it must have a high supply of pressure of blood. But, this impairs the penis’ ability to erect due to vascular or endocrine disorder. This is why doctors recommend sex or hormonal therapy, and in some cases, where no medication can treat this disorder, doctors suggest for penile prosthesis. This prosthesis is surgically implanted inside the penis, thus penile erection is achieved.
- Infertility. People view this as the incapability of achieving pregnancy in unprotected intercourse over a period of time. It is imperative to know if couples are fertile or not because it really has a tremendous impact in a relationship. Infertility, for men, is genuinely caused by many known factors, such as infections, STDs, testicular torsion, and scrotal position. It is said that infections and STDs affect the sperm productions, and testicular torsion is where the spermatic cord is twisted, cutting off the blood supply to the testicle. There are no dramatic signs or symptoms in becoming infertile. One way to find out is through laboratory testings; patients submit semen to be analyzed for sperm count and motility that distinguishes fertility.
- Epididymitis. Epididymis is a coiled tube that allows the sperm to mature that goes to the vas deferens, where the matured sperms are stored. When this coiled tube is inflammed, it is called epididymitis. For this disorder to occur, it is mostly associated with infections, STDs, trauma, or the reflux of urine from the urethra to the vas deferens. When epididymitis is caused by infections or STDs, medical doctors recommend antibiotic therapy. Having a painful or inflammed scrotum, nausea, and fever are the major signs of epididymitis. Once you’re experiencing one of these symptoms, consult a medical treatment instantly.
- Priapism. Ecstatic about having a prolonged erection? Well, you might as well be aware when this happens. This is the counterpart of erectile dysfunction, priapism; it is considered as a prolonged penile erection. There are proven contributing factors, such as sickle cell crisis, penile injury, neoplasm of the brain or spinal cord, and illegal drug usage. This disorder may be very painful for the most part. The extended erection blocks the flow of the urine, and it affects the blood flow to the penis, resulting a gangrene (tissue death) and erectile dysfunction if priapism isn’t resolved within 24 hours. Seek medical specialist immediately.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
What You Can Learn From Your Date’s Outfit—Including How Luc...
From the daddy’s girl to the free spirit to the trendsetter, we’ve got you covered.
10 Reasons Your Wife Is Unhappy in Your Marriage
Don't shoot the messenger. This is what science says.