5 common rectal diseases will be explained in this article. A rectal disease is any abnormality of the rectum of rectal area. May people suffer from rectal diseases but are too embarrassed to talk about their symptoms with their doctor. There are numerous diseases of the rectum, but here are five of the most commonly found.
- Hemorrhoids. These are small or large clumps of swollen blood vessels inside or outside of the anus. Most of us will suffer from hemorrhoids at one time or another in our lifetime. Hemorrhoids are painful and annoying, but generally resolve on their own. Hemorrhoids can be internal or external. Both types can bleed small amounts. Hemorrhoids can be caused by chronic constipation, chronic diarrhea, spending too much time in the sitting position on the toilet, and heavy lifting.
- Anal Warts. Warts in and around the anus are generally caused by sexually transmitted diseases like HPV, or coming in contact with bath towels of someone who has the warts. These warts may not appear for months after transmission. Warts can be removed, but do sometimes come back.
- Abscesses. Rectal abscesses can be caused from a tear in the rectum that has become infected, blocked glands, STD's, Crohn's disease, weakened immune system,or diverticulitus. These are collections of pus within the anus or rectum. Treatment of this rectal disease includes antibiotics, and in some cases, surgery is required to drain the abscess.
- Crohn's Disease. This inflammatory bowel disease in which the digestive tract or GI tract is inflamed. Persistent diarrhea and abdominal pain are the most common symptoms of Crohn's disease. There is no cure for Crohn's disease, but there are treatments. Some people with Crohn's may have remission for years and then a relapse.
- Rectal Prolapse. This occurs when the lining of the rectum falls into the opening of the anus. This rectal disease can be caused by constipation, pinworms, whip worms, or injury to the pelvic area. In this disease, the lining of the rectum will usually be visible on the outside of the anus after a bowel movement and bleeding may be noted.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …