5 Common Sexual Health Problems
Problems with the reproductive system can be very disturbing and may lead to infertility, and thus it is important that you know the 5 common sexual health problems that a lot of people encounter. However, bear in mind that reading about these problems does not mean that you will become knowledgeable enough to treat the sexual health problems yourself without consulting a healthcare professional.
- Sexually transmitted diseases. STDs are transmitted through unprotected sex. They may affect the anus, mouth and eye, in addition to the genitals. Among all STDs, chlamydia and gonorrhea are two of the most common problems. These two diseases can be present without any symptoms and may lead to infertility and chronic pelvic pain. If you have had unprotected sex with a new partner over the past 30 days, you should contact a STD clinic to make sure that you are not infected with these common sexual health problems.
- Premature ejaculation. Many men experience premature ejaculation, making this issue one of the most common sexual health problems. When a man experiences the problem, he may become anxious about sex, which in turn, aggravates the situation. Currently, researchers cannot identify one single source that causes premature ejaculation. However, anxiety and depression are known to worsen the problem as premature ejaculation often happens when the man has a new partner. Cutting down on tobacco and alcohol will also help alleviate the problem.
- Pain during and after sex. Many people have experienced pain during or after sex, and this can be due to many different reasons. Sometimes, the pain signifies serious sexual health problems that need medical attention. Some common reasons include vaginal infections, friction, vaginal dryness and allergic reaction to condoms.
- Yeast infection. Yeast infection is an extremely common sexual health problems for women. Symptoms include painful intercourse, burning sensation during urination, vaginal itchiness and cottage cheese like discharge. Women who experience these symptoms for the first time should consult a healthcare professional. For those who are familiar with yeast infection, they can simply purchase anti-fungal medication in a local drug store without a prescription.
- Erectile dysfunction. Among some of the most common sexual health problems, erectile dysfunction can be one of the most troublesome one for men. This problem can be due to damage to nerves, smooth muscles and arteries. Alcoholism, multiple sclerosis, diabetes and kidney disease can also cause erectile dysfunction. Lifestyle changes and behavioral modifications can sometimes cure erectile dysfunction.
Whenever you show symptoms of unusual pain and discharge at the genital, you should consult a healthcare professional to make sure that no common sexual health problems will be left undiagnosed.