5 Cool Mountain Bike Tires
These 5 cool mountain bike tires are those tires that you thank your lucky stars for every time you are biking on some off road trail where you need great traction. They are tough, full of awesome treads, and made of durable materials to make sure that stones, sticks and other debris don't slow you down at all when you just want to release your pent-up energy by riding your mountain bike.
- Kenda K850 Aggressive MTV Wire Bead Bicycle Tire. This mountain bike tire is made just for the kinds of trail riding that mountain bikes are built for, thanks to its severe tread designs, which is why it easily makes it to the number one spot. The other good news with Kenda's cool mountain bike tire is how affordable it is, so you won't have to spend an arm and a leg just ride your bike off road.
- WTB Velociraptor Cross Country Mountain Bike Tire. From WTB, this cool mountain bike tire comes with dna rubber, aramid bead and lightweight casing to ensure that you can take on most any terrain that you choose. At home in the number two spot, WTB's Velociraptor is designed especially to give you greater steering control over your whole mountain bike because of its 35-65psi measurements.
- Maxxis Ignitor Mountain Bike Tire. Maxxis' Ignitor Mountain Bike Tire takes the number three position on account of its specialized Ignitor tread pattern alone. This pattern was developed just for professional racers, and it has a great track record: Numerous pro cyclists have won World Cup victories when using this mountain bike tire. On medium soil and in corners, too, look for good traction from this tire.
- Bell Mountain Bike Tire with KEVLAR. Bell's cool mountain bike tire provides for additional protection against the flats by way of its carbon steel bead and layer of KEVLAR. This extra protection is enough to guarantee it the four spot on this list. If you want a smooth ride no matter where you go, then buy yourself some Bell tires with KEVLAR.
- Universal Mountain Bike Tire. The cheapest mountain bike tire on this list, it takes the number five position because it is a very basic mountain bike tire. Besides being affordable, Universal's Mountain Bike Tire also offers performance close to that of the major brand names, but without the extra costs.