5 Cool Nintendo Shirts
Curious about 5 cool Nintendo shirts? It's only right, cool shirts for the coolest old-school video game system ever. The first time Mario ate a mushroom, a revolution was born. Home entertainment would never be the same. The millions of us that were exposed to Nintendo created a powerful sub-culture that will always be ingrained in our society. Video games and their characters are constantly referenced in every medium imaginable today. From rap songs to wallpaper, blankets to seat covers, images of our digitally-created heroes are everywhere. It was only a matter of time before nostalgic images of our gaming past would be represented on cool Nintendo shirts.
- One of the most recognizable images associated with Nintendo is, of course, the old-school two-button controller. Some of the coolest Nintendo shirts out there have this very image. The coolest of these shirts is the "Body By Nintendo" shirt. It's a very simple design. The shirt is purposely faded to add an old feel to it. In big letters down the center of the shirt it says "Body By," followed by a picture of the controller Mario made famous. Awesome.
- Donkey Kong may have had his feuds with Mario in the past, but it doesn't stop him from being one of the coolest characters in Nintendo history. There are lots of clothing items with his image plastered all over them floating around in circulation. Finding the coolest Nintendo shirt with Mr. Kong on it is not the easiest task. You need something classy, something that illustrates just how much of a gentleman he is. The coolest shirt? A black tee with simple gold lettering reading "Welcome To The Jungle," and a gold picture of Mr. Kong himself wielding that infamous barrel.
- The original 8-bit Nintendo Entertainment System is famous in its own right. As one of the forefathers of modern gaming, the system itself deserved to be immortalized. What better way than by slapping it on the front of a cool shirt? Our shirt of choice reads "Classically Trained," with a picture of the original NES in the middle. Classically trained indeed! No other system taught its user as much creativity as the NES. Remember blowing on the cartridge to get it to work?
- Mario, the greatest plumber to ever unclog a drain. Who else do you know that would willingly jump down a toilet bowl, battle turtles and walking mushrooms while tripping on wild psychedelics (mushrooms and flowers had him believing he could grow big and spit fire) just to save a princess he never met, while dealing with his dim-witted brother? Forget the Purple Heart, let's put his heroic exploits on a T-shirt, one of the coolest Nintendo shirts ever. There are literally thousands of shirts with Nintendo's original adventurer on them, but one stands out. The coolest Mario shirt has no words, just a screenshot of him finishing "World 1-1" in the adventure that started them all.
- Cool Nintendo games can't be mentioned without talking about The Legend of Zelda. This game was well ahead of it's time and has just grown better with age. The original RPG. There would be no Final Fantasy if Link didn't first grab his sword and shield and go running off to defeat Gannon. Just like Mario, images of characters and objects from this game have spread like a virus. So how do we choose the coolest shirt pertaining to The Legend of Zelda? No, it's not Link, even if he is the coolest guy in green tights this side of Robin Hood. No, the coolest image from The Legend of Zelda is the Triforce. The coolest shirt with the Triforce on it is black. The Triforce is in either gold or silver and is located on the chest area of the shirt. Simple, yet very very cool.