5 Coolest Historic Touring Cars
The 5 coolest historic touring cars start out as basic street cars that you can modify heavily, whether it be modifications on brakes, engines, suspension, tires or even wheels. Historic touring cars relate to models of cars mainly from decades and decades ago, and this hobby of building touring cars, which you can also race in competitions, is more popular abroad in countries like Australia, Britain, Germany and the Scandinavian countries.
- Austin 1800. The Austin 1800 is a historic touring car from 1964. It was made by the British Motor Corporation and features an independent suspension along with a four-cylinder, cast-iron cylinder-block material. What this means is that the Austin 1800 still remains competitive on the racetrack, which is why it sits at the number one spot.
- Ford Escort TC. From the year 1970, the Ford Escort TC is your historic touring car that was modified to be reliable on the track. With assemblage out of European parts and a helical coil spring, this Ford Escort TC will burn rubber down the racetrack, tearing up the road and leaving the other historic touring cars eating dust, which is why it gets this list's two spot.
- Toyota Corolla KE 11. The Toyota Corolla KE 11 comes from 1969 and features steel manufacture along with 1166cc of power in your engine and a water cooling method. This means that while racing, your Toyota Corolla KE 11 will be able to sustain the pressures of multiple laps without getting overheated.
- Porsche 911 S. From the year 1969, the Porsche 911 S features adjustable suspension, six cylinders of power, and an appreciable 2195cc of aggression in its engine. What this boils down to is that it will be the unmatched king of any historic touring car racetrack. Just listen to it rev up its engine!
- Volvo 164. The Volve 164 goes back to the year 1968, and it features the highest ccs at 2978 of any historic touring car on this countdown. But it sits at number five because its weight of 1370 kg makes it slower on the track and not as likely to be as fast as the others on this list.