The 5 coolest movie trailers of 2010 showcase popular super heroes, mythical creatures, eccentric pirates and a Sci-Fi legacy. 2010 was a phenomenal year at the movie box-office and 2011 promised even more long awaited remakes and movie series additions.
- "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides." Released to the worldwide web, the this cool movie trailer of 2010 features some of our returning character favorites like Captain Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) and Captain Barbosa (Geoffrey Rush). But we were also given sneak peeks at new characters introduced in this latest Pirates installment. One in particular that looks promising is none other than Ian McShane ("Deadwood, Pillars of the Earth") as Blackbeard. "On Stranger Tides" catapults Captain Jack on an adventure seeking out the fountain of youth. Along the way he'll encounter zombies this time, and one that should be watched is played by Derek Mears ("Friday the 13th" -Jason/2009 and "Predators" -the classic Predator). Kiera Knightley and Orlando Bloom will not be featured in the fourth Pirates film.
- "Iron Man 2." In this 2010 cool movie trailer, the world finally saw Lt. Col. James "Rhodey" Rhodes (Don Cheadle) transform into Iron Man's ally and partner, War Machine. The "Iron Man 2" trailer also introduces us to Tony Stark's new foes like Sam Rockwell's character Justin Hammer and Mickey Rourke as Ivan Vanko. Rounding out the cast in this 2010 movie trailer, Scarlett Johansson portrays The Black Widow, Natasha Romanoff and Gwyneth Paltrow reprises her role as Stark's assistant and love interest, Pepper Potts.
- "Inception." One of the coolest 2010 movie trailers was Christopher Nolan's "Inception." Many of the CG'ed images seen in this trailer are mind blowing, with alternate reality scenarios and literally seeing the world from an upside down perspective. "Inception" stars Leonardo DiCaprio, Ellen Page and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. This movie trailer contains action-packed scenes showcasing Sci-Fi action and the psychological thrills of how the mind can warp ideas within the subconscious.
- "Tron Legacy." Almost 30 years after the original "Tron" movie was released, Walt Disney Pictures reboot this Sci-Fi action movie series with "Tron Legacy." From the soundtrack music of Daft Punk, to the stunning cyber images of Tron's digital world, this 2010 movie trailer was definitely one of the coolest. Jeff Bridges is back as Kevin Flynn, as is Bruce Boxleitner as Alan Bradley and Tron. This film also introduces Kevin Flynn's son Sam, played by Garrett Hedlund. Michael Sheen and Olivia Wilde round out the cast.
- "Clash of the Titans." Whether you loved or hated the original "Clash of the Titans" from 1980, you cannot deny the remake in 2010 boasted remarkable imagery and battle scenes. As another cool movie trailer of 2010, "Clash of the Titans" allowed viewers to reconnect with the gods of old and relearn our world's mythical past. Sam Worthington's ("Terminator Salvation" and "Avatar") character Perseus must battle the gorgon Medusa, as well as his own father Zeus (Liam Neeson) and uncle Hades (Ralph Fiennes) to save mankind from the evil that's to be unleashed on the world.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
10 Things to Talk About This Weekend
Ebola, Brad Pitt, and giant spiders.