5 Coolest Vintage Surf Posters
The 5 coolest vintage surf posters are intended to give you memories of those old-time days, back during more care-free times of catching waves, lying on the beach, and watching bikini-clad babes cavorting around in the shallow water. These vintage surf posters will also remind you of a simpler time, when everything in the world could be solved by simply having the right surfboard, some perfectly applied board wax, and the right wave at just the right time.
- "Happy Birthday, Vintage Surfing" Poster. Recalling easier days of a time gone by, the "Happy Birthday, Vintage Surfing" Poster comes in at number one due to its ideal representation of the surfer lifestyle. Observe the gently rolling waves, the surfer dude lying on his board, and the surfer chick impossibly standing on her board while giving you a wave at the same time. Framed against a backdrop of a tropical line of trees and a sweet mountain range by the beach, this poster is pure relaxation.
- "The Endless Summer In Search Of The Perfect Wave Surfing" Poster. This cool, vintage surf poster takes the two spot on account of its iconic and straightforward depiction of catching the perfect wave. A mantra among all surfers, catching the perfect wave is also more than just making sure you ride an awesome wave. It's also a bigger metaphor for that elusive point in life where everything just comes together right for you in a moment of unpredictable harmony and perfection.
- "Hang Loose Hawaii!" Poster. The "Hang Loose Hawaii!" Poster is worthy of the three spot on this list of coolest vintage surfing posters because it refers to one of the world's greatest surfing spots: Hawaii. Plus, the imagery is so simple that it's effective at making you appreciate the joys of surfing. Just a dude and his girl, a surfboard and uninterrupted good times as they ride some gnarly waves.
- "California Surfing" Poster. Another homage to one of the world's greatest surfing locales in California, the "California Surfing" Poster belongs at number four for its depiction of a cool-looking surfboard design (a bodacious octopus motif) alone. But the couple in the poster also epitomize the attractiveness of the surfer culture: Just you, your girl and your mighty surfboard, ready to take on the world (or, at least, the world of awesome waves).
- "Surfer Girl - Buoyant Riding Waikiki" Poster. Even girls can surf, as this poster proves! With a 1950s-era blonde surfer chick with a flower in hair and some leis around her neck, this poster recalls nostalgia galore. Hang this poster above your bed and wake up to this surfer chick every morning.