Cream cheese is very versatile and here are 5 cream cheese appetizers for Thanksgiving that will tempt your palate. Do as much as you can ahead of time so you can spend time with friends and family on Thanksgiving Day. Serve the appetizers as your guests arrive for Thanksgiving dinner.
To make cucumber and olive appetizers, you will need:
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 (3-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup pimento-stuffed green olives, chopped
- 1 loaf cocktail rye bread or bread of your choice
- Using the tines of a fork, score the unpeeled cucumber lengthwise on all sides. Slice the cucumber into one-fourth-inch thick rounds.
- Combine the cream cheese and blue cheese in a small bowl.
- Spread the cheese mixture on the rye bread slices.
- Top with a slice of cucumber and a slice of olive.
To make Parmesan fondue, you will need:
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 (8-oz.) packages cream cheese, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 (1-lb.) loaf French bread, cubed
- In a large saucepan, cook and stir the milk and cream cheese over low heat until cheese is melted.
- Add in next five ingredients. Cook and stir until thoroughly heated.
- Transfer to a fondue pot or mini slow cooker.
- Serve bread cubes or vegetables.
To make chili cheese dip, you will need:
- 1 can Hormel chili
- 1 block cream cheese
- 1 bag shredded cheese
- 1 (4-oz.) can diced green chilies
- 1/2 small jar salsa
- Tortilla chips
- Mix all ingredients in large microwave-safe bowl and microwave until all is melted.
- Serve hot for Thanksgiving Day cream cheese appetizers.
To make garlic cucumber dip, you will need:
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz. sour cream
- 1/2 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 small onion, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 green onion top thinly chopped for garnish
- Potato chips for dipping
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese and sour cream.
- Mix in the next six ingredients.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
To make Mexican layered dip, you will need:
- Mix one package of softened cream cheese with a package of taco seasoning.
- Spread on the bottom a round glass pie plate or serving dish.
- Add layers on top of the cream cheese. Add half to one can of refried beans, salsa of your choice, grated cheese, finely diced red or green onion, sliced black olives.
- Serve with chips.
Enjoy your Thanksgiving Day dinner with all the trimmings, including the five cream cheese Thanksgiving appetizers that are so delicious.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”