5 Cricket Tips For Batting
If you are interested in being a cricket player, then you probably need to know 5 cricket batting tips. If you follow these tips, you will surely become a better batter in the game of cricket and much more appealing to any one of those teams you are probably trying to get on!
- Keep your eye on the ball when it is coming towards your cricket bat while you are batting. There are many different distractions that come during a cricket game and if you let these get to you, then you won’t ever be good at batting. The most important part of batting in cricket is being able to make contact with the ball which will probably require a little bit of practice unless you’re just a prodigy! Just focus on following the ball into your bat and you should at least make contact with it.
- Don’t let any of the fans or other teams distract you while batting. No matter what you think about good or bad sportsmanship, there will always be people trying to mess with you while you are batting in cricket, and some will even be distracting without doing it on purpose. Just try and think of it like there are three things in the world when you’re on the mound; you, the bat, and the ball.
- Know the technique involved in cricket batting. You want to keep you head up, watch the ball, keep your hands a little bit spread out, and keep your arms in and up. As you naturally start doing this setup you will eventually not have to think about doing it at all and will just be at the mound and doing it automatically.
- When you are comfortable with your cricket batting abilities, don’t be afraid to pound the ball. If you are just starting out you are probably going to be a little bit nervous about swinging at the ball and missing. This is always a possibility but if you remember the batting technique you should make contact a majority of the time.
- No matter what, after batting in cricket, run. Unless it’s obviously a foul, don’t ever think you don’t need to at least try and run. One of the most embarrassing plays you can make is if you hit the ball and assume someone's going to catch it, so you get lazy and don’t run immediately, and end up only making it to first when you could have made it to second on the other teams mistake.