5 Crimes Against People Traveling Alone To Watch Out For
Here are 5 crimes against people traveling alone to watch out for during your next trip. Vacations should be fun when you are traveling alone, so make sure you take the necessary precautions. Always be aware of your surroundings, and keep your cell phone with you at all times to use in case of an emergency.
- Pickpocketing. This is one of the common crimes against people traveling alone to watch out for. When you are in a crowd, always keep your wallet in your front pocket. It is also a good idea to have your hand in your pocket holding on to the wallet, at least whenever you are circulating among a crowd of people.
- Luggage theft. Whether you are at the airport or at a hotel, thieves may target your luggage. When you are a woman on vacation by yourself, purse-snatching is another one of the crimes against people traveling alone to watch out for.
- Mugging. You can avoid this common crime against people traveling alone by not straying too far from others, especially at night. Avoid back alleys or other unlit areas so muggers look for someone else to rip off instead of you.
- Being drugged at a bar. One of the exciting parts about traveling alone is trying to meet someone at a bar. However, if you are targeted by a criminal, your drink may get drugged leaving you open to a variety of crimes. Bottom line, never accept a drink from a stranger to prevent this crime against people traveling alone.
- Cab driver criminals. If you need a cab, make sure you use a phone book to call one. Never hop in a cab parked in front of a building to help prevent this crime against people traveling alone. The driver could be a thief waiting to steal your money, or worse.