These 5 Cute Christmas Songs will get you in a happy holiday mood. These novelty Christmas songs range from kiddy cutesy to a bit perverse. Lots of people love these, and wouldn’t feel like it was Christmas if they didn’t hear them.
- “All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth.” The proverbial kid in these 1944 lyrics has a slight whistling problem because of the hole created by his two missing front teeth. He lisps because of it. Spike Jones and His City Slickers, a group known for silly songs, recorded this cute Christmas song in 1948.
- “Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer.” This one is perverse, but fun none the less. Elmo and Patty Shropshire, recorded it in 1979. The lyrics describe a tipsy grandma who is killed by a reckless Santa, and the reaction of Grandma’s relatives.
- “Santa Baby.” In 1954, Eartha Kitt recorded this cute Christmas song. Her version is the quintessential cutesy vixen. The lyrics try to entice Santa into giving a sexy gal lots of material goodies.
- “I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus.” In 1952, Jimmy Boyd sang this when he was just twelve years old. The lyrics tell of a child’s eye view of Mommy kissing Santa, who of course, is your Daddy. Covers of the song abound. Everybody from The Jackson Five to Jessica Simpson sang a version of this cute Christmas song.
- "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch." A cute Christmas song sung by Thurl Ravenscroft in 1966, this one is from the original cartoon version of Dr. Seuss’s “The Grinch Who Stole Christmas” television special. Ravenscroft also voiced Tony the Tiger in those old Frosted Flakes commercials. The lyrics address the Grinch, and call him out on being really mean.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Remember when Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman made all that noise—and news—before the Super Bowl? We had the story long before the season even started, trailing him all over Se ...