These 5 Day of the Dead Mexican hors d’oeuvres will make your party a success. These recipes are authentic and easily made.
To make Day of the Dead pico de gallo, you will need:
- 1 1/2 cups diced, seeded tomatoes
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. diced jalapenos
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- Juice from 2 limes
- 2 tbsp. cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package sea salt pita chips
- Combine all ingredients in bowl.
- Let marinate for fifteen minutes and stir once.
- Serve the hors d’oeuvre with pita chips.
To make Mexican guacamole, you will need:
- 3 avocados, peeled, cored and halved
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/2 tsp. each kosher salt, cumin, cayenne
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1 package sea salt pita chips
- Place avocado in lime juice. Drain avocados, saving lime juice.
- Mash together avocados, salt, cumin and cayenne.
- Add tomatoes, onions, garlic and cilantro, mixing thoroughly.
- Add 1 tbsp. reserved lime juice.
- Let the Day of the Dead hors d’oeuvre recipe sit for an hour. Serve with pita chips.
To make Day of the Dead Hot Chocolate, you will need:
- 3/4 cup of water
- 3/4 cup of sugar
- 1 vanilla bean
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 1/2 oz bittersweet chocolate, grated
- Vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tbsp. expresso, instant
- Chili powder
- Bring water to boil. Split vanilla bean in center and add to boiling water.
- Add sugar, cinnamon and espresso. Simmer for one minute.
- Add chocolate and whisk until mixture becomes thick.
- Place one scoop of ice cream in cup, pour hot chocolate mixture over top.
- Sprinkle the Mexican drink with chili powder before serving.
To make black bean hors d’oeuvre, you will need:
- 1 lb. black beans
- 4-6 cups beef broth
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 large carrot, peeled and minced
- 1 red onion, minced
- 1 each red and yellow peppers
- 2 tbsp. sea salt
- Tortillas, sliced in half and grilled
- Add ingredients to pot, bring to a boil.
- Let simmer for at least two hours, or until beans are tender.
- Remove from heat, let sit for fifteen minutes.
- If soup has a lot of liquid, remove excess with spoon until the soup is of a chunkier consistency.
- Serve the Day of the Dead hors d’oeuvre with toasted, halved tortillas.
To make easy Mexican pork appetizers, you will need:
- 1 lb. pulled pork, pre-cooked as directed on package
- Tortillas, halved and grilled
- 2 avocados, peeled, cored and mashed
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 red onion, minced.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine avocados, pepper, garlic salt, chili powder and red onion in mixing bowl.
- Spread mixture on one tortilla half, top with 2 tbsp. pulled pork.
- Roll tortilla around pork mixture, hiding edges on bottom. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for ten minutes. Remove from oven. Transfer to serving dish.
- Top with extra red onion, if desired.
- Served the Day of the Dead recipe while warm.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.