Time is money, and no one wants to spend unnecessary time on the phone with a technical support agent, so we are proud to present to you 5 DirecTV troubleshooting tips. These are basic DirecTV troubleshooting tips that will hopefully save you time and headache!
- Black or snowy screen DirecTV Troubleshooting Tips: Turn your television off and on. Turn your DirecTV receiver off and on. Make sure that the light on the front of your receiver is on. Reset the receiver by unplugging the power cord for 15 seconds. Check all cable connections between the dish, receiver and TV.
- Missing channels DirecTV Troubleshooting Tips: Using the remote, manually enter the channel number. If the channel loads, add the channel to your list of favorites. If needed, enter your password.
- Searching for satellite signal DirecTV Troubleshooting Tips: You can reset your receiver by unplugging the power cord for fifteen seconds. Ensure that all of the cables between the dish, receiver, and TV are properly connected. Check your satellite dish outside to ensure that there is no blockage in front of the dish.
- Issues with changing channels DirecTV Troubleshooting Tips. Try to change the channel using the up and down buttons on the receiver itself. If you are able to do this, the batteries in your remote may be dead. If you are unable to change the channel from the receiver, you can reset the receiver by unplugging the power cord for fifteen seconds.
- Blue or green screen DirecTV Troubleshooting Tips. Make sure you are on the channel in which you typically use to watch DirecTV. This channel is usually channel three or four. Turn your television off and on. Turn your DirecTV receiver off and on. You can reset your receiver by unplugging the power cord for fifteen seconds. Ensure that all of the cables between the dish, receiver, and TV are properly connected.
- Do not troubleshoot on your own if you do not possess the necessary technical skills.
- If you are unable to resolve an issue, contact DirecTV directly.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …
We all love fine food—and the people who make it! Eats introduces you to those folks, taking you into the kitchens of all kinds of culinary luminaries. From BBQ to vegan, eco-frien …