5 Diwali Recipes
Are you looking for 5 Diwali recipes? Diwali recipes can be made from scratch in your own kitchen. Use the freshest items for the best tasting Diwali recipes.
Cheeda (a very popular Diwali recipe)
- 4 cups flour
- vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup roasted Rava
- 1/2 cup Dalda
- salt to taste
- Thoroughly mix all ingredients with water. Knead dough, divide into balls.
- Grease fork prongs. Place a dough ball onto greased fork prongs. Spread and roll dough.
- Remove fork from dough. Repeat then deep fry dough. Eat or store.
Gujia (other variations of this popular Diwali recipe exist)
- 2 cups flour
- 4 cups Khoya
- 3/4 chopped almonds
- 6 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3.5-4 oz. water
- Combine flour and half of the oil. The consistency will not be smooth. Add half of the water, stir.
- Knead the dough. Place kneaded dough in a bowl. Cover the dough with a damp towel.
- Warm remaining vegetable oil in a pan. Stir in khoya, stirring occasionally until light brown.
- Combine sugar and khoya. Stir in the almonds. Stir fry a few minutes, remove from heat to cool.
- Roll dough into small circles. Fill by placing khoya in the center. Roll and seal the ends of the dough.
- Fry filled dough in vegetable oil over low heat. Deep fry dough until golden looking.
- Place fried Gujia on a paper towel. Serve or store.
- 1 cup cracked wheat
- 2.5 cups hot water
- 1 cup of water, divided
- 2-3 tbsp slivered almonds
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- a handful of raisins
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cups ghee
- 2 tbsp ghee
- Soak raisins. Soak in a 1/2 cup of water.
- Heat two tablespoons of ghee. Add cracked wheat to ghee. Stir cracked wheat until browned.
- Add hot water to the cracked wheat. Stir occasionally. Add enough water to ensure the cracked wheat is soft enough.
- Add sugar and remaining ingredients. Combine the mixture thoroughly.
- Cook for eight to ten minutes over low heat. Serve with slivered almonds.
- 2 cups fresh shredded coconut
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup ghee, melted
- 1 tbsp. cardamom powder
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup roasted cashews or slivered almonds
- 2 cups fine semolina
- Roast rava in melted ghee. Over medium heat, roast rava until golden brown.
- Add coconut to roasted rava. Stir occasionally over medium heat.
- Combine sugar and water in a separate pot. Add cardamom powder to sugar mixture. Slowly stir in seminola.
- Add rava and coconut to sugar mixture. Remove from heat. Stir every half hour for two hours.
- Add nuts and raisins to mixture. Divide mixture into balls. Eat or store.
Tomato Chutney (over a dozen variations of this Diwali recipe exist)
- 5-8 tomatoes, diced
- 2 onions, diced
- 1 pinch of cumin
- 3 green chillies
- 1/2 tbsp. tamarind paste
- 1 pinch of mustard seed
- 3 tsp coriander leaves, chopped
- salt to taste
- enough vegetable oil to cover the bottom of a pan
- Heat oil. Place mustard seed, green chillies, and cumin in heated oil. Saute, stirring thoroughly.
- Add tomatoes and tamarind. Combine thoroughly, add mustard seed and salt. Grind coarsely.
- Add coriander leaves. Grind a few seconds then add onion to the mixture. Cook a few seconds.