5 Drinks With Brandy
There are many ways to enjoy brandy and these 5 drinks with brandy will help you get started. When it comes to mixing brandy drinks, do not be too rash. If you have received a good bottle of brandy you might want to enjoy it neat. But a cheap, or shall we say inexpensive, bottle of brandy can be easily mixed into a multitude of beverages.
1. Brandy Alexander. These cocktails have been on the top five drinks with brandy for a hundred years. It was probably your grandma’s girl drink because the crème de cacao definitely disguises the taste of alcohol.
- Crème de cacao
- Heavy cream
- In a cocktail shaker, mix two shots of brandy, a half shot of crème de cacao and a half shot of heavy cream over ice.
- Shake it up and strain into a cocktail glass.
- Grate fresh nutmeg over the top and serve.
2. Sidecar. Sidecars are another old timer favorite that will always be on a list of five drinks with brandy.
- Triple sec
- Lemon juice
- Take a cocktail glass and rim it with sugar.
- Then take a cocktail shaker, fill it with ice and add equal amounts of brandy, triple sec and fresh lemon juice.
- Shake well and strain into your glass.
3. New Old Fashioned. The original Old Fashioned cocktails were an elaborate process that must have been a pain in the ass for bartenders to make. But the New Old Fashioned cocktails are a snap and should be on any list of brandy drinks.
- Angostura Bitters
- Grapefruit soda
- Sliced lemon or orange
- Take a tumbler, fill it with ice.
- Add two shots of brandy and a dash of Angostura Bitters.
- Top off with grapefruit soda and garnish with a thinly sliced lemon.
4. Atom Bomb. This is more of an end of the night dare than a drink to sip and enjoy. The Atom Bomb has been included to show you how easy it is to get on the top five drinks with brandy list if you are a serious alcoholic.
- Get a pint glass of beer, preferably a light lager and take a big swig.
- Now dump a shot of brandy in the glass and pound it while trying not to spew.
5. Dirty Mother. The Dirty Mother is a tasty little cocktail that is the modern replacement for the Brandy Alexander. The official name has been omitted to protect our more sensitive reader’s eyes but you can probably guess it.
- Kahlua coffee liquer
- Fill a cocktail glass with ice.
- Add one shot of brandy plus a half shot of Kahlua coffee liqueur.
- Stir and enjoy.
- If the brandy is good, do not mix it with soda. Get a brandy snifter, fill it about a quarter full and hold the glass so your palm slowly warms the brandy. This releases the aromas of the spirit plus it makes you feel quite sophisticated and smug.