5 Easter Dinner Recipes
Before your family fills up on chocolate bunnies and candy eggs, give them a hardy meal with these 5 Easter dinner recipes:
1. Fried Chicken
Crunchy Fried chicken makes a great Easter dinner recipe. For an authentic southern meal, serve this dish with potato salad and biscuits.
To make fried chicken, you’ll need:
- 6 chicken breasts
- cooking oil
- 1 cup of flour
- ½ tsp. of salt
- ½ tsp. of pepper
- 1 tsp. of baking powder
- Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Rub salt into skin.
- In a gallon sized bag, combine dry ingredients. Individually, put each piece of chicken in bag and shake until well coated. Refrigerate chicken over night.
- Heat one inch of cooking oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Carefully add chicken to the skillet.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Cook for ten minutes on each side, or until skin looks browned and crunchy.
2. Orange Pork Roast
Pot roast is a traditional Easter dinner recipe. An orange glaze makes this roast zesty and unique.
To make orange pork roast, you’ll need:
- 1 4lb. pork loin
- 4 large garlic cloves, slivered
- 1 tbs. dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. pepper
- 2 tsp. sage
- To make orange glaze, you’ll need:
- ½ cup of orange marmalade
- ½ cup of orange juice
- ½ spicy mustard
- ¼ light brown sugar
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Insert slivered garlic into the top of the roast. This helps season meat thoroughly.
- In a small mixing bowl combine rosemary, sage and pepper. Rub seasoning mixture onto roast.
- Place pork roast into a large roasting pan. A disposable aluminum pan works well.
- Cook for one hour, or until juices run clear when stabbed.
- In a small mixing bowl combine marmalade, juice, mustard and sugar to create the orange glaze . Pour glaze over roast and bake for an additional ten minutes. When serving, spoon glaze over slices.
3. Pasta Salad
For a refreshing Easter dinner recipe, serve a colorful pasta salad. This chilled meal can be prepared the day before, allowing you to enjoy company.
To make pasta salad, you will need:
- 1 package of colored Rotini pasta
- 1 package of sliced salami
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jar of cut marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 package of cubed pepper jack cheese
- 1 can of sliced black olives, drained
- Boil pasta and drain when cooked. In a large bowl combine all ingredients.
- Chill overnight. Serve cold.
4. Beef Brisket
A sweet beef brisket is sure to please the family. Serve this Easter dinner recipe for leftovers the next day.
To make a beef brisket, you will need:
- 1 trimmed beef brisket
- 1 tbs. of butter
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tbs. of chili powder
- 1 tsp. dry mustard seeds
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup of apricot preserves
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 2 tbs. of soy sauce
- 2 tbs. of Worcestershire sauce
- Boil brisket in a large pot. Allow it to simmer for three hours.
- Combine onion, butter and chili powder in a large glass bowl. Microwave until onion is transparent.
- Add remaining ingredients and heat for three to five minutes, or until glaze bubbles. Pour half of the glaze over the meat and broil until sizzles. Serve remaining glaze as a garnish.
5. Asparagus Casserole
Asparagus casserole is the perfect side. This Easter lunch recipe compliments almost any main course.
To make asparagus casserole, you’ll need:
- 1 can of cut asparagus, reserve juice
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1 packed of sliced sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 boiled eggs, sliced
- Cracker crumbs
- In an ungreased casserole dish, spread a thick layer of cracker crumbs. Line half the cheddar cheese across crackers.
- Spread half of the can of mushroom soup across the cheese. Layer boiled eggs over the soup.
- Place asparagus on top. Dump remaining soup over asparagus. Spread another thick layer of crackers over top and cover with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Halfway through baking pour 1/4 cup of asparagus juice over casserole to help maintain moisture and flavor.